Wisper Bike suddenly has partial power

RichardM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2023
Thanks Richard,

Is it the original battery?
Yes, I believe so. I bought the bike second hand a couple of months ago. The person I bought it from had owned it since new. It hadn't been ridden much but the battery had been charged regularly.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes, I believe so. I bought the bike second hand a couple of months ago. The person I bought it from had owned it since new. It hadn't been ridden much but the battery had been charged regularly.
I would imagine that the battery needs replacing I'm afraid.

All the best, David

RichardM

Jun 20, 2023
I would imagine that the battery needs replacing I'm afraid.

All the best, David
After reading up this morning and feared that would be the case. Will my local Wisper dealer be able to test the battery to confirm it?

RichardM

Jun 20, 2023
After reading up this morning and feared that would be the case. Will my local Wisper dealer be able to test the battery to confirm it?
Bike Shop Wales in Penarth, who are Wisper dealers tested the battery and it was in good condition. The problem turned out to be the battery connector. They replaced it and all is good now.

RichardM

Jun 20, 2023
Bike Shop Wales in Penarth, who are Wisper dealers tested the battery and it was in good condition. The problem turned out to be the battery connector. They replaced it and all is good now.
I spoke to soon. The bike was good for a few days, the the problem returned, but worse than before.
The bike is back with Bike Shop Wales for further investigation.

RichardM

Jun 20, 2023
I spoke to soon. The bike was good for a few days, the the problem returned, but worse than before.
The bike is back with Bike Shop Wales for further investigation.
Hopefully sorted now. They replaced the other half of the connector, in the battery casing.

Advertisers