Bike gear back in Lidi

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Nice might buy a pump and some trousers and a jersey see if I get along with them.
The pump looks very good value!

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Nice might buy a pump and some trousers and a jersey see if I get along with them.
The pump looks very good value!
It all seems pretty good value.

I got one of the little foot pumps last time, just because it was cheap and I figured it might come in handy and was small enough to keep in the panniers. I used it for the first time yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that it pumped the tyre up to 70psi fairly quickly and wasn't too awkward to use. My foot did obscure the pressure gauge though, so I had to keep stopping to check it.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Yes I noticed this with the local Lidl mailshot.
I bought amongst other things the pannier set and gloves last year and they have given good service since then.
Last autumn the Panniers were just £15 at £16.99 they are still excellent value.
They are looking a little threadbare now so I definitely want to get another Pannier set maybe 2! and some more gloves.
The prices are so good you can't go wrong!
The offers all start from this Monday I believe.
Barry.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
The bike gear was on sale here (Ireland) last week and I purchased two of the LED light sets - excellent setup and superb lighting for v.cheap.
I haven't fitted the Far East saddle yet, but it seems ok - some sort of report on it will follow :)
The HD bike lock is substantial, but probably not angle grinder proof; more of a visual deterrent, as it looks meaty.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Well after my early work shift I popped in to my local Lidl's fearing that everything was already sold out.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this wasn't the case and I managed to buy everything I wanted plus some more!
I got another triple Pannier set, a new helmet, another pair of gloves, the set of lights and some car seat covers which went in our Fiat Panda pretty well.
The bicycle upright hand pump looked very sturdy, I got one of those last year and I prefer the look of this years model.
All terrific value!
Barry.

Alan B

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2011
Yatton
Bought a load of kit but had to return the XL trousers, they were very short, probably suitable for 5'9" or so, so beware if you're thinking of buying these and you're tall. (I'm 6'3")

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
The HD bike lock is substantial, but probably not angle grinder proof; more of a visual deterrent, as it looks meaty.
Nothing is really angle grinder proof, particularly with a diamond disc, but then cordless angle grinders are not your usual DIY tools and as such are expensive, certainly not oik kit.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I think Lidl are getting much better with stock levels...The Crivit bike stuff is reasonable quality, got a foot pump yesterday for £5.99

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
If that's the cable lock I can see on their website then it won't be much of anything proof, it can probably be broken wth a screwdriver or wire cutters.