Basis beacon 2021 derestrict

Cronley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2020
Hi all hope anyone can share so.e light o this for me, I have a basis beacon mtb 2021 14ah ,I have put a switch on my white lead that comes from the controller which helps me to about 20mph but can't seem to change the wheel size on the lcd I can see the max speed and size of wheel but can't change them , can anyone help plz

Robbie Daniels

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Hey mate.
Can't help you with your query but I have just bought this same bike and wondered how you take off the limiter as its a hub motor with no magnet.. Be massive help if you could point us in the right direction.
R

Cronley

Sep 5, 2020
Hi Robbie, found out that by cutting white wire will push you or give you more torque n speed but when it reaches a certain speed it will cut the assist not a massive amount but better than just left standard, well if you ever managed to find how to change wheel size setting or power for the basis beacon because i can see the settings but can't seem to change them and by the way the magnets are on the bottom crank by your pedals. Let.me know if you found this any good

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The magnets at the BB/cranks are nothing to do with speed, the magnet disc acts as a signal for the Hall sensor for PAS operation. Most hubs now have an internal speed hall and a magnet/s on the inside of the hub motor cover plate and this is indicated at the controller as the incoming White wire from the motor cable.

Eberk

Aug 31, 2022
Is there any updates to this? I've just bought one, mine looks the same bike but its called a DRB Coniston ebike instead, I too can get into the wheel size settings and speed limit settings by holding the + and - buttons together but it won't let me change them. I thought I was upgrading when buying this but it seems slower than my old knacker of an ebike, please help if you can give any advice as I commute to work all year round so I'm not a novice who is going to hurt himself (hopefully :)

Eberk

Aug 31, 2022
Can anyone tell me where the white wire is I need to cut please?

Eberk

Aug 31, 2022
Hi, I cut the white wire coming from the controller but now my speedometer doesn't work but still no speed increase (used phone speedometer to check) anyone got any suggestions?

I actually cant pedal much past 16mph its almost like the bike wants to keep the rider at 15..16mph, kinda wish I chose a different bike.

Last edited:

rhysbw

Just Joined
May 4, 2024
Hi i’ve just bought one of these.
I have a few questions. Does anyone know where the controller for the motor is? Does anyone know where exactly the ‘white wire’ is? I was thinking what type of controller is it, as I believe in order to change the wheel size I will buy a different LCD (thinking KT LCD3) and here i can configure the settings, but i need to know the motor specs and controller specs to ensure it will work with this right?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a few questions. Does anyone know where the controller for the motor is? Does anyone know where exactly the ‘white wire’ is? I was thinking what type of controller is it, as I believe in order to change the wheel size I will buy a different LCD (thinking KT LCD3) and here i can configure the settings, but i need to know the motor specs and controller specs to ensure it will work with this right?

The controller is in the downtube, probably above the battery, but could be below it. Follow the wires!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Don't cut the white wire , it isn't a speed wire but just a signal wire used (for a Hall sensor in the hub) to display ones actual road speed.
Any white wire to cut would be insid ethe controller and not an exterior wire.

rhysbw

Just Joined
May 4, 2024
Don't cut the white wire , it isn't a speed wire but just a signal wire used (for a Hall sensor in the hub) to display ones actual road speed.
Any white wire to cut would be insid ethe controller and not an exterior wire.
Hi managed to find the controller itself but cannot find online any documented LCDs that work with it. Details below:
Company: Tianjin Santroll Electric Automobile Technology
Model: B-WZKD3615KA-JM109-F4

Could you recommend a controller and LCD that i could swap in?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi managed to find the controller itself but cannot find online any documented LCDs that work with it. Details below:
Company: Tianjin Santroll Electric Automobile Technology
Model: B-WZKD3615KA-JM109-F4

Could you recommend a controller and LCD that i could swap in?
WE always recommend KT. You can get them from Topbikekit, Aliexpress, Amazon and Ebay.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As above buyKT, one may have to carry out some minor wiring .
Santroll are OEM only and are typical of most china controllers in being speed controlled , the KT is the only one that isn't and is the reson why they are soooo good.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Be aware that the KT connectors for throttle, brakes and pedal sensor might look the same as Santroll ones, but they're probably wired in a different sequence. In that case, cut off the connectors and solder the wires directly.

rhysbw

Just Joined
May 4, 2024
Be aware that the KT connectors for throttle, brakes and pedal sensor might look the same as Santroll ones, but they're probably wired in a different sequence. In that case, cut off the connectors and solder the wires directly.
how could i find out the wiring for it i cannot seem to find any info for it online.

Yeah i will buy a KT controller and LCD, i do not have a throttle currently so I’d also purchase one of these.