Anywhere in Wales I can try an electric bike?

Daniel Chapman

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2016
Hi All,

I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place to post but I was wondering if anyone happened to know anywhere with electric bikes in South Wales that I could try?

The reason I ask is because I am very heavy (around 21 stone) and I'm not too sure if an ebike could work with my weight. My main concern is on hills really (nothing overly steep but a steep section of a local cycle track).

I fully intend on consistently peddling, and am hoping that the electric bike provides assistance uphills.

I only have around £1100 for an electric bike but would be more than happy to hear suggestions on which I could buy. The distance isn't too much of an issue with 20 miles of pedal assistance being the most I need at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice,
Dan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Daniel Chapman

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2016
Thank you all for the inputs, I'm still looking to give one a go but when I finally manage to try one I'll be sure to repot back :)

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Hey mate, what happened when you went there?
Hi I never got there , I emailed him a load of times and also rang the shop but never got anywhere as far as a test ride and stock availability , I ended up travelling an extra 80miles on top and went too Mike at onbike and had a great service from start too finish

Daniel Chapman

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2016
Thank you all for you help and suggestions.

I've since had a go at both a rear hub motor and a bosch mid-drive and I while I'm impressed with bother, the mid-drive just absolutely blew me away. I think it's worthwhile waiting a little and getting the mid-drive as it just felt more suited to me.

I'll be sure to update you all when I get it :)