New profile posts

My build 48v 500w was £330.00 including 2 x14ah batteries, if you want the details let me know.
I now have almost 5000 miles on my Giant Road -E bike. I am surprised that the charger box gets so hot when charging the 500w energypak. Is this normal? It is almost too hot to hold. I've never seen any smoke, etc. just heat. I usually get the energypak down to 5% or less on my rides, so the charger has to do a lot of work. Any thoughts?
Hello Michael, I am new to this site and on checking discussions re upgrading the LPX battery on my Salisbury I see that in 2019 you upgraded yours to 17Ah using Panasonic Cells. Did it improve the performance? Can you recall where you purchased the cells and could you describe the procedure to do it.
I hope you can advise, Thanks, Bob
M
Michael Price
Hi
Yes - I did upgrade it and it made a huge difference - well worth doing especially if your current battery is getting a bit low on range
However, I didn;t do it myself as I have never been good at soldering etc. I got it done by this company - https://ebikebatteries.co.uk/ - they have a good reputation on the site - although they go by several names and have only started using the current name recently
S
scrambler Bob
Hi Michael, Thanks for the quick response. I will contact your link as I would be concerned about wiring correctly etc. I'll let you know how I go on. Cheers, Bob
66 yr old guy with heart complaint looking for help and advice from the more......techy of you about my bike and how to get the most out of it
Martin,

You seem to be very knowledgeable on these Bosch e-bike systems. I would appreciate your assistance. I have everything I need for front and back lights on my wife's 2020 townie go 8d. Can you tell me which of the two jacks I should plug the front and back light into? One seems to be above the other.

Easy task even fishing the wires, but wanted to make sure the job was done right.

Thank you,

George
Hi - interested in how you got on with converting Mezzo bike to an ebike ? I'd like to do the same, and saw your post on pedelecs
thanks
Tom
Boost the Outreach of your Brand with Dubai SEO Agency COVID 19 is affecting many businesses. If yours is one of them, it’s time to hire an SEO Dubai Agency. We offer long-term SEO Dubai support in today’s hard time so that your business doesn't leave behind in the competition. Our services also include responsive web design in Dubai. All it takes is a click here https://dubaiseoagency.ae/
Hi bonky
I live in ridgeway chesterfield/ sheffield , so similar terrain i suspect
Which did you choose and whats your view ?
I have similar dilemma c between boardman and ribble sle
B
Bonky
Hi, I got a Cannondale Neo Synapse 2 from Evans in June with about £900 off. I had previously made a list of over 20 bikes and had seen a few in Langsett Cycles of Sheffield. I hadn't put the Cannondale on my original list but was taken by the spec and discount!

can't write more than 420 chars so please pm me

R
B
Bonky
It weighs 19.5kg which is a -ve but the Bosch motor and Shimano gears is a plus. I found the saddle uncomfortable and changed it. I added mudguards and lights and a rear pannier rack.
First ride from S10 to Edale and return via Hathersage was a breeze. Impressed. Not sure if there are better bikes for the money...as usual it's all about balancing the compromises...
B
Bonky
added the extra comment after 30 secs so no need to pm me after all!
Cheers Jim. What size is it please and do you have a price in mind? Many thanks. Jamie
jdallan
jdallan
Hi Jamie,

It's a 53cm. Price negotiable around £2800. Hope this helps.

jim
J
jamiemccabe
Hi Jim. Is 53 for small/medium? I am 5 foot 11 and I fear it might be too small? Regards,
Jamie
Hi this is all new to me, I have an issue with a Samebike Lo26, it's brand new but I can't get the PAS mode to work, the throttle mode and push along mode are both working, just no pedal assist, I've tried utube, various on line etc etc, I think that the supplier is in China and I'm getting no joy with a fix. The manual sent with the bike is pointless, no trouble shooting or any type of helpful information. Any ideas