Wisper 905 city loose power on the road

bill1963

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

The bicycle loose power on the road.

I am taking it to the local Athens Greece service.

He change the fuse carrier,

We change the lock-MAIN CURRENT switch with a new one and the bicycle continues to loose power.

He tell me now that the throtle power is faulty but he does not have the sparepart.

The other problem I took the bicycle to the service was a clicky-clicky sound from the motor while the bike was on electric power only.

He cleaned inside motor area , lubricate it, no result.Clicky-clicky sound is present,

Already paid 57 euros (50 service 7 for the lock) for a hole in the water.

Thank in advance for your assistance.

Basil

2 bicycles :Wisper 905 city plus 905 eco (2008 2006 models)

D

Deleted member 4366

The clickety-click sound is probably from loose spokes. You can check them yourself with your hands.

Reduced power is most probably caused by the battery. You need to check the voltage with a voltmeter about 20 minutes after you charge it fully, and then again after a short ride. Post the results here, and then we can tell you what to do next.

bill1963

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

Fully charged 41.3 volts I will make a 20 min ride and I will post the reading

After 18 minutes ride the volts are 39.8

Full throttle and pedals all the way ,with my second bicycle 905 eco

Tom I will perform the same test with 905 city which has the problem.

Thank you for the clicky clicky solution it must be the spokes, some are loose.

Last edited:

bill1963

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

Fully charged again and battery to city 905.

It must be the throtle switch.

If I play with the green button 20 times maybe i will see the three lights one time lit.

The bicycle runs normally and then in a bump all lights will go off.

So what is the cost for the throttle assy spare part ? From were I can order it online with paypal ?

Thank you

B

D

Deleted member 4366

The problem is not caused by the throttle. The LED's show the system voltage, so it is being interrupted somewhere else. The only way to find the cause is with a voltmeter. when the lights are off, there is no voltage to them. you can follow the voltage from the battery to the controller to see at which connection point it's interrupted. Normally, the problem comes from the fuse/fuseholder or the key-switch. If they're OK, the next most likely place is the main contacts underneath the battery.

bill1963

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

Fuse/fuseholder , key-switch are new.
There are no connections under the battery because it is the previous model that connects with a pc like cable.

I must play with the green button many times in order to achieve to light up the lights .

Thank you

B

D

Deleted member 4366

It could be that the green button is faulty. It's only a switch, so follow the wires to its connector, Pull the connector apart and bridge the two pins on the controller side to see if the lights come on. If they do, change the switch. You should be able to use any switch.

bill1963

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

The technician told me that he couldn't open the throttle in order to clean the switch because he is afraid that throttle assy might break.

Is there any disassemply drawing that I can use or any special tip for dismantling it ?

jateureka2

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2010
QLD Australia
Did you get your fault sorted?
The switches on those throttles do sometimes fail.
They are also more suseptible to faults from water ingress as they have a 36V battery LED gauge.

Advertisers