Why do you take the proverbial.......

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
It seems that some esteemed members here think banbury frank is fair game and have decided to deride the man. He has contributed more practical advice than many others who have been here since the year dot so what is wrong here?

Once again, this is something happening in flecc's kingdom which is quite wrong but will we hear an apology from anyone?

Some members here really ought to take a long, hard look at themselves.....and he who must be obeyed!

Indalo

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
It seems to go in cycles (no pun intended). Every so often our calm little site gets a little riled up. It always reverts back, though. We have too many civilising influences and our culture of goodwill is too ingrained for it to go too far.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
It seems to go in cycles (no pun intended). Every so often our calm little site gets a little riled up. It always reverts back, though. We have too many civilising influences and our culture of goodwill is too ingrained for it to go too far.
Lethal suspension by ligature for Frank and I will have his bikes

Joke :D

Last edited:

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Lethal suspension by ligature for Frank and I will have his bikes
I am glad that was a joke. Banbury Frank pointed me towards googling for a very interesting European Standards document on Electrically Power Assisted Cycles (http://www.vae-enov.com/fiches_2010/norme_en_15194.pdf) I hope he continues to share his knowledge and experience.

<gentle ribbing>I have now learnt how to read his posts despite the minimal punctuation</gentle ribbing>

While I am on. Don't shoot the messenger either. (i.e. the O.P.)

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi everybody I hope I have helped

I Did put a hint in my name if i i wanted to stay anonymous why would i NOT point you towards Banbury in my name

as for lead acid battery's we have customers who are still going after 2 years

work and back no problems

over 300 customers cant be wrong

He do you like the ICE trike on our testimonial on our web site

16 AH 48 volt battery pack with 80 amp continues BMS 160 peak

18 Mosfet controller 60 amps now that is Exciting

sorry about the punctuation but I am A Dumb electronics Engineer

I also understand that some members are on a budget and have tried to point the in the right direction with China supplier that do supply reasonable service and point out that if the use paypal and don't receive the good in a responsible time ask paypal for your money back they will refund with no quibble

China are cheap But NO returns not a lot off support but the same can be said for some Ebay suppliers .

But not all Alien ocean are very good so are others

Ebay UK suppliers Just look at there feed back see how many they have sold and over how long

Frank

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Agreed. One of the great things about this site I've noticed as one of the later arrivals is that despite so many clearly highly intelligent people contributing and debating things, it's very rare to see ego trips or personal squabbling among members, unlike many other forums.

Obviously there are minor disputes and differences of opinion occasionally. Things can be interpreted a certain way in a forum like this, but on the whole people are polite and respectful towards each other. I hope the forum stays that way as it's a great place with so many great people.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Hi everybody I hope I have helped

I Did put a hint in my name if i i wanted to stay anonymous why would i NOT point you towards Banbury in my name

as for lead acid battery's we have customers who are still going after 2 years

work and back no problems

over 300 customers cant be wrong
They dont no any different Frank... i had lead acid batteries last year they weigh a ton and dont last 2 long

They are cheap as chips and nothing else!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Contrary to Indalo's perverse opinion, my belief is that Banbury Frank has been making many excellent contributions and has given really helpful advice to many owners. Long may he continue to do so.

I'm sure he has a strong sense of humour as I do too and can take a gentle ribbing in good spirit. A pity that sense of humour is not more widely shared.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Contrary to Indalo's perverse opinion, my belief is that Banbury Frank has been making many excellent contributions and has given really helpful advice to many owners. Long may he continue to do so.

I'm sure he has a strong sense of humour as I do too and can take a gentle ribbing in good spirit. A pity that sense of humour is not more widely shared.
Franks cool he can take positive criticism and some people take it as moaning
and dont listen....like me!