Who is the best multi franchise e-bike dealer in the UK?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
On a seperate thread a member was enquiring which dealer could offer a wide choice of different e-bikes.
Can members recommend a genuine multi franchise dealer who offers a wide choice of bike types,I see 30 in-house stock bikes being the absolute minimum,bikes available to test ride?
Dave
Kudoscycles

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Half a dozen or so makes, yes, but 30 models, no chance of a dealer in the current UK market.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Alright - It's Kudos. You got us on that one.
Well...but is it Dave ?
Perhaps we should wait and see if anyone else takes up the challenge......there could well be a secret multi stockist around that none of us have heard of yet :D

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

It could be E-bikes Direct, the Electric Transport Shop or Onbike?

Lynne

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2012
Barnsley
thanks for starting this.....and also can it be in the north please?! I'm thinking of doing a tour of shops...and may well have to start in Kent!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Alright - It's Kudos. You got us on that one.
Dave,No it is not Kudos,we offer a range of mid priced hub drive bikes plus the BH emotion Neo and Bosch crank drive bikes,we intend to expand that range with a new lightweight performance range but there is so much missing-the KTM bikes,Wisper,Batribike,Kalkhoff,Giant-all these bikes are available to a dealer on relatively generous terms but to my knowledge no individual dealer has taken up the challenge of properly stocking the e-bike product.
Also Kudos is not well located,we do a good job of supplying to Kent but we have water on 2 sides of our location.
Whats needed is a multi franchise dealer inside the M25,another West Midlands and another in the Manchester/Leeds corridor. The stock holding is not punitive,perhaps only £50k.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
thanks for starting this.....and also can it be in the north please?! I'm thinking of doing a tour of shops...and may well have to start in Kent!
Lynne,you could be our inspector. Please do an honest report on each of the shops you visit. Was it a good experience?Did they have good stocks?Was the place tidy?Did they know what they were talking about?Was parking/access easy?Could you test ride the bikes?Did they offer loan of a helmet?Would you buy a bike from them?Would you go back?
I visited a potential dealer recently who took a greasy cassette off a grotty looking chair and then invited me to sit on it !!!!!

Dave
Kudoscycles

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I visited a potential dealer recently who took a greasy cassette off a grotty looking chair and then invited me to sit on it !!!!!

Dave
Kudoscycles

I should think sitting on a cassette might get rather painful......after a few minutes. Not really advisable but at least you were offered a seat. 50 Cycles, for example, didn't offer me anything at all when I visited their place.

Indalo

Lynne

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2012
Barnsley
I will most definitely be a mystery shopper for you! 50cycles did offer me a drink...just not enough advice! And I helped myself to a chair!

sdrio

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2012
For me, the most informative and helpful place to look for a bike is by miles this forum.