Wisper Where can I get a Wisper 575 battery recharged?

Mikelabike

Just Joined
Jul 15, 2024
It’s been plugged in, but turned off, for about 72 hours and shows only a minimal sign of life. I’m not able to do it myself as I do not have the equipment nor the skills.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Please can you give us a bit of background ?
How long have you had the battery ?
When was the last time it charged ?
When was the last time you used the bike ?
When you say it's been charging but only showing minimal signs of life what exactly are you seeing.
When you started charging the battery was the light on the charger red ? Did it turn to green ?

Mikelabike

Just Joined
Jul 15, 2024
I’ve had the battery since new, about four years. The battery was last charged about a year ago when the bike was last used. The charger has been plugged into the battery for about 72 hours, the charger shows a red power light and a green charging light. There are four lights on top of the battery, the furthest right briefly glows red. the control panel on the handle bars flashes an image when first turned on but does not respond otherwise

Attachments

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I had to replace the 575 battery on my wife's 705 but others have had some success reviving them

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If hasn't been charged for a year , it is either dead or in sleep mode.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

"2.3.12 Wisper 575Wh Lithium Batteries Bikes fitted with the latest Wisper long range batteries have extra features to help keep it in good health. i. “Deep sleep” or “hibernation” mode. Once recharged the new Wisper 575Wh battery does not need recharging for up to 6 months over the winter. We recommend the battery is recharged every 6 months. To put the battery into deep sleep mode simply press the LED button on the battery for 10 seconds. If the battery is below 29V, deep sleep will be activated automatically after 24 hours of non-use. The battery will automatically wake up when you turn your bike back on."

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It needs ability to follow our simple advice to open and check if a battery is scrap or recoverable, quite a few of us have the technical knowhow of how to recover /check batteries as well as building them.
Other wise it is a return to Wisper for a diagnosis and whether it is good or not.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Mikelabike

Just Joined
Jul 15, 2024
It needs ability to follow our simple advice to open and check if a battery is scrap or recoverable, quite a few of us have the technical knowhow of how to recover /check batteries as well as building them.
Other wise it is a return to Wisper for a diagnosis and whether it is good or not.
Would you be able to run a check to see if it’s recoverable?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can't post batteries so unless one lives very nearby , it wouldn't be feasible to check for a possible cause/ fault.

Do you have a simple cheap digital meter for testing ?
If so doe one get a volatge reading on the battery discharge outlet ?