What is a higo connector?

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I see higo and it universal plugs from motor. Will a higo fit it or are there adapters? Just asking for interest and to understand what they are.

Thanks

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Here is a good link to various higo connectors for e-bikes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not 100% sure of what you are asking ?

Hub motors use a Julet brand or a Higo brand of 9 pin motor connector, most hubs 99.9% use the same type of motor connector and standard pin/wire arrangement /sequence. The one we know of being uncompatible is Suntour.

The motor connector is about the only part that is wired universally to a standard pin layout. Bafang , Mxus , AKM , Yose and others I have tried all work with the same wire sequence when connected direct to my KT controllers with no need to change any Phase/Hall setting or to swap any wire sequence.

Higo is a Belgian maker and are used on Bafang OEM and kits.

Julet a similar type connector is made in China and has massive output.
They are likely found on more ebikes then Higo.

The bad news ia that though very similar and compatible in fitting (like for like connector) the common three pin connectors used for throttle, brakes, speed and Pas are are wired differently so sequence is incompatible.

Apart from the one typicaly moulded connectors we see on bikes both companies maek various other connectors of differing shapes and sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayners