Walk Assist

Terry Thompson

Just Joined
May 26, 2020
I have a Forme ebike that has an Intuvia controller but the walk assist does not work. what could be the problem.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I have a Forme ebike that has an Intuvia controller but the walk assist does not work. what could be the problem.
1. you're not pressing the buttons in the correct manner

2. The walk assist feature is something that can be disabled in the firmware for certain world regions. Maybe this has been set to off in yours? Users can't change this option though. Not sure if the dealer with the programming software can.

Reactions: Terry Thompson

Terry Thompson

Just Joined
May 26, 2020
1. you're not pressing the buttons in the correct manner

2. The walk assist feature is something that can be disabled in the firmware for certain world regions. Maybe this has been set to off in yours? Users can't change this option though. Not sure if the dealer with the programming software can.
Definitely seems to be asking to work as the display shows Walk Assist + and then I press the + button and hold it in all the time and after 3 seconds reverts to standard screen. I have tried setting it in gear 1 and rocking the bike on the stand and nothing happens.

Stanebike

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
Definitely seems to be asking to work as the display shows Walk Assist + and then I press the + button and hold it in all the time and after 3 seconds reverts to standard screen. I have tried setting it in gear 1 and rocking the bike on the stand and nothing happens.
I lost the text I’d posted so deleted my my first attempt at a reply. I’ll try again.

I have a Raleigh Motus with Bosch motor and I think the same display.

To use walk assist press the side button to set it up followed by the + button and then start walking. The electronics will then sense the movement and the motor will help making the bike feel lighter than expected. It reduces the effort you need to use rather than slowly moving the bike like a throttle would.

Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing