Volt Electric Bikes

Fat Cat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 23, 2024
Hello all,
I am new to this forum, just registered today in fact.
I am also new to the e-bike scene.
Has anyone got or used a Volt electric bicycle and what are your opinions please?
I would prefer to buy from somewhere that is near to my home, Silver End in Essex, and there is a dealer in Braintree, but I thought I would ask on here first.
Thank you

Fat Cat

Jun 23, 2024
Got my eye on the Pulse Hybrid but am new to e-bikes so any advice will be much appreciated.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
You are fortunate you live in Essex.

Woosh bikes are based in Southend, they have a great reputation on this forum.

Volt Pulse 504WH Battery £2199

Woosh Gran Camino 612WH Battery £1559

Reactions: flecc

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks everyone, will take a look at those suggested.
It would be better if you told us some info about what you're trying to achieve, then we can advise on specific bikes instead of people just proposing random ones. The most important thing is your weight, then what type of rides you expect to do. Another important factor is whether you want to fix it yourself or be tied to a dealer for servicing and repairs.

There are lots of ebikes to choose from. Some are more powerful than others. Some are futureproof and last a long time. They all go the same speed.

sneggysteve

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2020
I am on my second Volt - changed from Pulse to Burlington only due to hip problem getting my leg over the seat.

I have no complaints whatsoever and the customer service is excellent.

Fat Cat

Jun 23, 2024
It would be better if you told us some info about what you're trying to achieve, then we can advise on specific bikes instead of people just proposing random ones. The most important thing is your weight, then what type of rides you expect to do. Another important factor is whether you want to fix it yourself or be tied to a dealer for servicing and repairs.

There are lots of ebikes to choose from. Some are more powerful than others. Some are futureproof and last a long time. They all go the same speed.
I am currently at 88kg
I can cycle 25 miles on a conventional bike so would be looking to go further on an e-bike.
Taking this into consideration I would be looking at a realistic range of 50 miles.
It would be on roads or paved paths, not off road as such.
I would need to take the bike to a dealer for repairs / servicing as I am not mechanically minded.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Servicing? Keep the tyres pumped up and put some oil on the chain occasionally, job done.

Do you have a car? Seriously mate go and have a chat with Woosh in Southend.

I know that shop near you that flogs air rifles and skateboards makes a lot of sense, but you could get a near identical bike from experts like Woosh and also shove 600 quid in your sky rocket...oh I've gone all Essex :D

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I am currently at 88kg
I can cycle 25 miles on a conventional bike so would be looking to go further on an e-bike.
You sound like quite an experienced cyclist, if you wanted a lightweight option

Nearly new one here that is an absolute steal

Reactions: Az.

Fat Cat

Jun 23, 2024
I am warming to Woosh after reading this thread, but my only concern is if after purchasing and something goes wrong will I have to take back to Southend to get it repaired?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If exchanging a rear wheel is within your capacity and you have an afternoon to spare I would recommend considering a kit conversion onto a comfortable to ride bike with good brakes ;)

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
I am warming to Woosh after reading this thread, but my only concern is if after purchasing and something goes wrong will I have to take back to Southend to get it repaired?
Yes you will. It's 30 miles away. Up to you mate, good luck whatever you choose.

Reactions: Fat Cat