uphill

Leonardo

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2006
www.jobike.it
May be those video reports can be of some interest for you. On our Italian forum we are testing the uphill ability of different pedelecs.

Here is the performance of a Biketech Flyer model T4, which has the new version of the Panasonic crank drive motor that was used by the ancient Giant Twist. Video n. 1 is 20% + a very short 60% (!) + 25%; number 2 is a starting at 26% and n. 3 a starting at 24% in Trieste. I think they are outstanding results, better than what I’m able to do with my Twist.

Here is the performance (discussed here in the forum) of an Italian hub motor pedelec called Frisbee, model Euro7 Dolomites: a quite powerful bike although unfortunately a bit heavy (and a bit “old china” style). It is a quite fast 5 to 10% run in Verona. This is may be less interesting for you, since I think eZee bicycles can do the same and better (no hope that eZee comes to sell in Italy?), but useful as an illustration of the different “philosophy”.

Last edited:

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Frisbee & Flyer T4 v. Ezee bikes

May be those video reports can be of some interest for you. On our Italian forum we are testing the uphill ability of different pedelecs.

Here is the performance of a Biketech Flyer model T4, which has the new version of the Panasonic crank drive motor that was used by the ancient Giant Twist. Video n. 1 is 20% + a very short 60% (!) + 25%; number 2 is a starting at 26% and n. 3 a starting at 24% in Trieste. I think they are outstanding results, better than what I’m able to do with my Twist.

Here is the performance (discussed here in the forum) of an Italian hub motor pedelec called Frisbee, model Euro7 Dolomites: a quite powerful bike although unfortunately a bit heavy (and a bit “old china” style). It is a quite fast 5 to 10% run in Verona. This is may be less interesting for you, since I think eZee bicycles can do the same and better (no hope that eZee comes to sell in Italy?), but useful as an illustration of the different “philosophy”.
There is no way a rider on an Ezee Bike (certainly not the Torq) can get up a 25% gradient like those two bikes.
Is it an optical illusion?
Who was the rider?
I want an e-bikes that will climb hills like that for geriatrics, pensioners, bikies who feel they have earned a rest.
Peter

Leonardo

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2006
www.jobike.it
No Pete, the second one is a 10% gradient maximum. This bike (the Italian "Frisbee") has a hub motor and it is this one that I think can be compared to an eZee (and I suspect that the eZee can do better... or at least looks better). The rider of this one is a friend in his late 50s.

The first one is not an optical illusion. The bike is a Swiss "Flyer". And the rider, who is around his 40 years, is not an athlete at all.

Please, excuse me if I dont espress myself very clearly in English.

Last edited:

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Code:
Please, excuse me if I dont espress myself very clearly in English.
Leonardo no need to excuse you mate your translation is a lot better than google can do with your forum.
mike:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That Biketech certainly seems to outperform the Twist a little Leonardo, so they seem to have upped the power a bit. I have climbed 25% with my Twist and the SRAM P5 low gear at that sort of very low speed, but it seemed more difficult than that. Difficult to judge though, as I'm a lot older than that rider.

I think the other bike has about the same climb ability of the main eZee models for climbing, only the Quando beating it's speed/climb combination. The Torq could beat it with a strong rider putting in much of the effort, by doing the climbs faster.

Leonardo

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2006
www.jobike.it
Thank you Mike, it is something to be better than Google! (I am only sorry when it happens that what I write is difficult to read...).

Flecc, I’m around the same age of that rider and with the Twist I need more effort on a 25% gradient as well. I think that the Flyer has some improvement in comparison with the Giant. But one has also to consider that the bike shown in the video is the entry level of the new series and costs a little less than 2000 £….

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it is a lot of money Leonardo, especially when with a rather greater effort I can just climb 25% with my £745 eZee Quando at a very much faster speed using only it's one 70" gear.

For that Biketech money I've bought a Torq and a Quando and have the best of both worlds, speed or hill climbing depending on the route.

I've tried various online translators, but you are very much better than any of them to date. :)