Throttle not working on DMHC TC 580 Display (assist and walkmode works)

Superaides

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2024
Hello, my ebike has the DMHC TC 580 Display. I recently loaned it to a friend and when it came back, the throttle is not working. The pedal assit and walkmode on the bike still works fine which means the motor is in working condition. I have another bike with the same parts and switched the throttle on the problem bike to the other bike and it worked fine; opened up the controller and everything looks okay which leave me thinking my friend must've touched the settings/parameters within the display. I asked him about it and he said he did press the buttons but couldnt give me a clear answer on what buttons and in what sequence he pressed them (only has the +, -, and power).

There is no error message on the display, I tried to reset the parameters but could not find any relevant information or the 580 manual on how to do that. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If he has had a fiddle with the display , he has likely disabled the throttle.
One usually has to depress the +/- for 10 secs or so to enter in to the settings.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ask your friend how he got into the settings, then go through them all and write them down, then post them here.

Next, go through all the settings on the working bike, write them down and post them here. That will help anybody else, who gets the same problem or wants to disable the throttle to make the bike legal.

Superaides

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2024
Unfortunately I've tried that already, this particular display DMHC TC 580 does not have a menu page that has p1-p16 etc. After some research I was able to come across a manual, but there is no option for me to reset to factory setting =/

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Unfortunately I've tried that already, this particular display DMHC TC 580 does not have a menu page that has p1-p16 etc. After some research I was able to come across a manual, but there is no option for me to reset to factory setting =/
I don't understand. If you have two bikes with the same LCD, and one works and the other doesn't, why can't you go through the settings on each bike to find the difference?