swytch

apwb

Just Joined
Jan 28, 2024
I was very pleased with my original kit until it died just out of guarantee. Swytch let me have a €100 discount on a Max so (after 4 months) I am pedeleking again. Can't figure out the relationship between the lights on the powerpack and the little row of bars on the LED display. Anyone know?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Swytch let me have a €100 discount on a Max so (after 4 months) I am pedeleking again.
You should find an answer to your question in manual.

For future reference perhaps consider ordering kit from Woosh. You will get cheaper, better kit and will wait a day or two.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Swytch let me have a €100 discount on a Max so (after 4 months) I am pedeleking again. Can't figure out the relationship between the lights on the powerpack and the little row of bars on the LED display. Anyone know?
They didn't let you have anything. You gave them hundreds of Euros for something that you didn't need to solve your problem, which you might have been able to solve for nothing.

If you have any further problems, ask here, and we will do our best to get you an optimum solution.

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Hi and welcome, Im sure someone will know... seems like there is not a lot of lurve for Swytch in here atm

Someone has to pay for the successful marketing that has lodged the brand in most of our minds, and not just in hard currency, seems like your taking the brunt in here too..

where has all the e-bike solidarity gone folks?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
That horse left the barn twice now, so no urgency required, let the lad settle in a bit first tho

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
That horse left the barn twice now, so no urgency required, let the lad settle in a bit first tho
Me and Seneagle didn't want to cause any distress (I hope you know that), but saying nothing only empowers those who rip-off cyclists.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I know, but its poles apart from the friendly reception i received on joining up in here.. or did i put on the rose coloured specs in error again this morning?

I found the manual for the swytch max and the oled display shows battery level and power output i guess?

And the battery pack has a basic 4x or 5x ed battery level indicator.

So im guessing the OP has noticed a discrepancy between the 2 displays?
Probably because 2 different and not very accurate circuits are doing the measurement and perhaps differences in wiring between the 2 measurement points??? both are only indicators tho so i would follow the one that tells you your low soonest to be on the safe side..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I know, but its poles apart from the friendly reception i received on joining up in here..
Maybe you are right. I will make Apwb a nice cup of tea next time I see him to make him feel more welcome.

Just upset at Swytch. Their kit dies out of warranty and instead of fixing it they offer customer a £100 discount on new kit and make him wait 4 months? It is just a disgrace.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Would certainly have been beneficial for @apwb to land in here when first having problems with the original kit, but it shouldn't take too long for exposure to this place to rub off and the old kit could get revived for a family members or friends bike in no time.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I know, but its poles apart from the friendly reception i received on joining up in here.. or did i put on the rose coloured specs in error again this morning?

I found the manual for the swytch max and the oled display shows battery level and power output i guess?

And the battery pack has a basic 4x or 5x ed battery level indicator.

So im guessing the OP has noticed a discrepancy between the 2 displays?
Probably because 2 different and not very accurate circuits are doing the measurement and perhaps differences in wiring between the 2 measurement points??? both are only indicators tho so i would follow the one that tells you your low soonest to be on the safe side..
We get what you're saying, but lots of other people read these posts. It's not a personal messaging system. Some guy might be thinking about buying a Swytch kit, so they do a Google search to find out info. They get a chance to learn from other people's experience.

I'm not against Swytch kits. They suit some people's requirements very well. From time to time, they give problems for which we have a lot of help and guidance here that is much better than what you'll get from Swytch. My only goal is to help people to be in the best posible situation - mechanically, electrically and financially. I give that service for nothing other than altruistic reasons, and maybe a bit of fun.

Also, OP might have problems in the future after solving the battery LEDs mystery, so we need to give a path to solutions.

To answer OP's question: On many, if not most, Chinese Ebike systems like the Swytch one, the relationship between the battery LEDs and whatever shows on the control panel is undefined. There can be big discrepencies between them, although each device will be consistent. You just have to learn the behaviour of each and relate it to your circumstances.

Reactions: thelarkbox

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
In my Swytch Max experience I’m down to around 28v from the fully charged 41(ish)v before one of the five battery LEDs goes out - long after my handlebar display has dropped a led or two. I therefore ignore the battery indicator leds and use the display leds as more truthful. When I’m down to two or three leds on the battery then there’s barely enough oomph to get me up a slight incline, and the battery voltage slumps under even slight loads.

Thister45

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2024

I was very pleased with my original kit until it died just out of guarantee. Swytch let me have a €100 discount on a Max so (after 4 months) I am pedeleking again. Can't figure out the relationship between the lights on the powerpack and the little row of bars on the LED display. Anyone know?
The Powerpack lights indicate the battery level. The LED display bars also show the battery level, but they can provide additional information such as power mode and speed.