swytch new battery

Georgezx9

Just Joined
Jul 2, 2024
My wifes swytch max has poor range 12 miles on a good day, my Yose give about 35.
Toying with changing hers, but leaving the 250w motor/wheel fitted, I have disconnected the connectors to both motors and the connectors are identical 9 pins in a circular connector where the pins are different lengths,
Therefore can I not just buy the yose set without the wheel and fit, presumably pin configs are to a standard and are the same.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, if they'd sell it to you, otherwise you can use any controller and battery you want. Cheapest would be to just buy a battery and splice the wires into the controller.

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
My wifes swytch max has poor range 12 miles on a good day, my Yose give about 35.
Toying with changing hers, but leaving the 250w motor/wheel fitted, I have disconnected the connectors to both motors and the connectors are identical 9 pins in a circular connector where the pins are different lengths,
Therefore can I not just buy the yose set without the wheel and fit, presumably pin configs are to a standard and are the same.
I can confirm too. I've got three bikes under my wing that were originally swytch - one a gen 2 and two a gen 3 (max). All are now running happily with a Lishui controller (C500 display) embedded in a Yose battery and slider (15.6Ahr), a Yose battery pack with a KT 17a controller with LCD5 display, and another Lishui controller with adhoc rebuilt battery packs.
The swytch PAS works with Lishui controllers, but I changed the PAS to an 8-pole KT one for the KT controller. You’ll need new displays too.

mta102

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 27, 2023
I can confirm too. I've got three bikes under my wing that were originally swytch - one a gen 2 and two a gen 3 (max). All are now running happily with a Lishui controller (C500 display) embedded in a Yose battery and slider (15.6Ahr), a Yose battery pack with a KT 17a controller with LCD5 display, and another Lishui controller with adhoc rebuilt battery packs.
The swytch PAS works with Lishui controllers, but I changed the PAS to an 8-pole KT one for the KT controller. You’ll need new displays too.
Can you specify which Lishui controllers you used, and where you ordered them from please?

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
My needs are simple. I don’t do significant rides any more due to age, and really just pootle around the countryside with my wife. I sorted out our three bikes that were originally Swytch gen 3 and my brother and his wife originally had swytch gen 2.

For two of the bikes, I bought the Lishui and KT controllers (photos attached), but I would make the point that I didn’t do much due-diligence reseach on the choice. They probably will not be the best choice of model. All purchases have been from eBay. The 15.8Ahr Yose battery pack I bought had the Lishui controller embedded in the battery slider.
Controversially, I am finding that the original Lishui controller in the original swytch setup is my favourite controller! I’ve got it mounted in a plastic box tiewapped to the frame.

Attachments

mta102

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 27, 2023
My needs are simple. I don’t do significant rides any more due to age, and really just pootle around the countryside with my wife. I sorted out our three bikes that were originally Swytch gen 3 and my brother and his wife originally had swytch gen 2.

For two of the bikes, I bought the Lishui and KT controllers (photos attached), but I would make the point that I didn’t do much due-diligence reseach on the choice. They probably will not be the best choice of model. All purchases have been from eBay. The 15.8Ahr Yose battery pack I bought had the Lishui controller embedded in the battery slider.
Controversially, I am finding that the original Lishui controller in the original swytch setup is my favourite controller! I’ve got it mounted in a plastic box tiewapped to the frame.
Nice! And all you needed to change was the display and the battery - every other part of the Swytch Gen 3 (throttle, PAS, motor) was "plug and play"?

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Nope. I don’t use a throttle, but if your controller is a Lishui then it probably will be ok. The swytch PAS is compatible with Lishui, and probably swytch things will be.

With the KT controller I changed the PAS to a KT 8-pole, and everything else was changed except the hub.

Advertisers