Revos conversion kit on BTWIN Tilt 120 folding bike

mrharrislondon

Just Joined
Aug 25, 2024
Revos conversion kit on BTWIN Tilt 120 folding bike

The first question is:

Is it even possible?

Has anyone managed it or anything close with some tweaks?

Any help appreciated.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Got a link to the kit your considering? google suggests a vapourware friction drive ??

if so why? whats the motivation? afaik all such solutions only deliver a fraction of the performance of hub or mid drive options?

mrharrislondon

Just Joined
Aug 25, 2024
Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I just want a slight boost on some hills during the commute without spending a fortune. I've read a few downsides to the friction drives, but for the money it seems that it could be an option.

It's the standard Revos conversion kit:

However, I think I may struggle to fit it to the BTWIN Tilt 120 due to the build.

Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
RevolutionWorks ceased production of the Revos approx. years ago now.
The system isn't perfect the original Mk1 I have is constntlya in conttact with the tyre, there is no mechanism to release it to and from the tyre manually when in use.
One needs a rear tyre which has little or no central tread .
Nearly five years on and the Revos is going well on my Pinnacle Arkos.

Reactions: mrharrislondon

mrharrislondon

Just Joined
Aug 25, 2024
RevolutionWorks ceased production of the Revos approx. years ago now.
The system isn't perfect the original Mk1 I have is constntlya in conttact with the tyre, there is no mechanism to release it to and from the tyre manually when in use.
One needs a rear tyre which has little or no central tread .
Nearly five years on and the Revos is going well on my Pinnacle Arkos.
Thank you! I picked one up on eBay for a pretty decent price so I'm going to see if it fits and give it a try. If not, the demand still seems to be there so I will resell.
It's a shame that they ceased production, but I believe that they're still in business.

Thanks for replying

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Is there any sort of freewheel clutch in the wheel that runs constantly on the tyre? If not, you are going to have a very hard pedal home if it ever runs out of battery power, I would think.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Revos rides much like a normal bike without power, one can maually adjust the drive to clear the tyre with an Allen key.
The drive is akin to a speed control system in that one gets max power most of the time.
The advantages of the system is super light for ligthweight bike and no power levels to pfaff with, so no display or any other peripherals.
My Mk1 kit #19 doesn't even have a PAS set up, the speed is calculated via a led sensor picking up the rear teeth of the cassette.