re-cycling an electric bike !!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Just thought people might find this interesting..........
Bought my first electric bike, or rather trike, about 7 years ago, had it delivered to spain, and enjoyed getting used to riding again after not getting on a bike since my childhood.....hence the trike.
Anyway, when it eventually bit the dust I returned home to discover my 17yr old had dismantled it and sold the actual trike bit with its back basket, to a gypsy kid who wanted it to collect paper/rags etc around the village to sell, and the two huge heavy batteries my son utilised to power a walking tread mill to train his cockerels on.......honestly, you had to see it to believe it ...... waste not, want not,but I'd like to bet not many electric bikes end up this way :D :D

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Just thought people might find this interesting..........
Bought my first electric bike, or rather trike, about 7 years ago, had it delivered to spain, and enjoyed getting used to riding again after not getting on a bike since my childhood.....hence the trike.
Anyway, when it eventually bit the dust I returned home to discover my 17yr old had dismantled it and sold the actual trike bit with its back basket, to a gypsy kid who wanted it to collect paper/rags etc around the village to sell, and the two huge heavy batteries my son utilised to power a walking tread mill to train his cockerels on.......honestly, you had to see it to believe it ...... waste not, want not,but I'd like to bet not many electric bikes end up this way :D :D
I've got to ask - train his cockerels to do what?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I've got to ask - train his cockerels to do what?
To keep fit :)
( the spanish have some strange ideas........and my youngest son is more spanish than english )

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To keep fit :)
( the spanish have some strange ideas........and my youngest son is more spanish than english )
Don't they! We have a Spanish chap as a member whose real name I know, but his son gave him the online name of Poppy! :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Don't they! We have a Spanish chap as a member whose real name I know, but his son gave him the online name of Poppy! :)
I used to wonder about that one as well lol

kinda makes sense now, with Pop as in Dad etc......

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
He probably meant to say pappy (pappi)......dad in spanish :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He probably meant to say pappy (pappi)......dad in spanish :)
No, grown up, he did mean Poppy, it seemed he was probably taking the mickey which his Dad took in good part with amusement. :)

He needs a sense of humour with the mountains he rides in that region:

ferrol.jpg

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
OMG....rather him than me........take my hat off to him.....whatever his name is :)