PSWPOWER

sparkysxx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2024
Hi,

Not new to the forum, but forgot my password and don't have the email address I used when I first registered in 2018 ish. Was just called sparkysx then.

I recently ordered:-

Bafang BBS01B 36V 250W Mid Drive Motor 8fun Bicycle Electric eBike Conversion Kit mid drive ebike kit new version

and

Electric bicycle ebike Downtube Spare Ebike Battery 36V 10Ah Bottle Electric Bicycle Battery

from PSWPOWER

I came home today to find a smallish parcel on the doorstep and all it had in it was the battery and the charger and keys, the box was only big enough to fit these and obviously no space for a mid drive motor, and the weight written on the outside was 3.6kg, I weighed the parcel and it was just a few grams under that, also the parcelforce dleivery photo only shows this one parcel, and the parcel says 1/1.

I've tried contacting them to find out if they shipped the motor separately but no response as of yet, I only have one tracking number and it shows as delivered, so I'm short one bafang mid drive motor. which was just under £250.

Its good that the parcelforce photo only shows the smallish box that had the battery in it and it only weighs 3.6kg, I've googled the weight of the motor and it said net weight 5.37kg so wondering if that includes the computer and cranks etc? Really the total weight of a motor and battery would be over 10kg if packed together.

At the moment i'm felling like they are trying to scam me out of £250, but what do you guys think as I know others on here have bough from there, I actually got my first motor from there years ago and it arrived no problem, which is why I went back to them! It's quite annoying as I've totally restored my old GT MTB for this.

I've spoken to paypal and it was actually them who found the parcelforce delivery photo online a I didn't have the tracking information but they did. I've done a claim but I really just want the motor!

What do you guys think? I'm a worrier if you hadn't already realised and have gone back to biking because of a shin injury caused by running.

Thanks very much for any opinions or advice.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi,

Not new to the forum, but forgot my password and don't have the email address I used when I first registered in 2018 ish. Was just called sparkysx then.

I recently ordered:-

Bafang BBS01B 36V 250W Mid Drive Motor 8fun Bicycle Electric eBike Conversion Kit mid drive ebike kit new version

and

Electric bicycle ebike Downtube Spare Ebike Battery 36V 10Ah Bottle Electric Bicycle Battery

from PSWPOWER

I came home today to find a smallish parcel on the doorstep and all it had in it was the battery and the charger and keys, the box was only big enough to fit these and obviously no space for a mid drive motor, and the weight written on the outside was 3.6kg, I weighed the parcel and it was just a few grams under that, also the parcelforce dleivery photo only shows this one parcel, and the parcel says 1/1.

I've tried contacting them to find out if they shipped the motor separately but no response as of yet, I only have one tracking number and it shows as delivered, so I'm short one bafang mid drive motor. which was just under £250.

Its good that the parcelforce photo only shows the smallish box that had the battery in it and it only weighs 3.6kg, I've googled the weight of the motor and it said net weight 5.37kg so wondering if that includes the computer and cranks etc? Really the total weight of a motor and battery would be over 10kg if packed together.

At the moment i'm felling like they are trying to scam me out of £250, but what do you guys think as I know others on here have bough from there, I actually got my first motor from there years ago and it arrived no problem, which is why I went back to them! It's quite annoying as I've totally restored my old GT MTB for this.

I've spoken to paypal and it was actually them who found the parcelforce delivery photo online a I didn't have the tracking information but they did. I've done a claim but I really just want the motor!

What do you guys think? I'm a worrier if you hadn't already realised and have gone back to biking because of a shin injury caused by running.

Thanks very much for any opinions or advice.
The batteries are often sent separately because there are special shipping rules for them. Don't panic. Be patient.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
The batteries are often sent separately because there are special shipping rules for them. Don't panic. Be patient.
I did wonder about that, but the outside of the package was marked as containing:- 'Electric Bike Motor' and I only have one tracking number.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
perhaps im just cynical enough to suggest the 'mis-labelling' might be a ruse to avoid complications shipping a battery??

I appreciate your concerns however, and while not everyone's favourite supplier, i would suggest patience and expect the support staff may live in China and keep local business hours which could add a day to the response times??-

But a query email is in order and if nothing is heard back within 48 hours.. ( or their stated response time if any) follow up giving a further 48hours warning of starting a payment dispute.--

edit.. and dbl check the payment made was for motor + battery :) and not just the battery..

Reactions: sparkysxx

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
Copied and pasted from my paypal transaction

Purchase details
Bafang BBS01B 36V 250W Mid Drive Motor 8fun Bicycle Electric eBike Conversion Kit mid drive ebike ki...
Item numberBF-36X250
£249.60
Electric bicycle ebike Downtube Spare Ebike Battery 36V 10Ah Bottle Electric Bicycle Battery Pack f...
Item numberHAITU-3610
£113.10

Amount
£362.70
Postage
£14.04
Total
£376.74

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
The shipping is from Germany, but I know the staff may live in China.

As for the 'mis-labelling' might be a ruse to avoid complications shipping a battery, then why ship it seperatley to the motor, makes no sense to me, and I didn't ask them to hide the fact that its a battery, if there was a customs charge for that I would of paid it, I was expecting to pay one to be honest. They also marked down the value of the battery and I didn't ask them to do that either, although I can imagine why they did.

I'm not saying they did this on purpose to steal my money as I'm sure £250 is a drop in the ocean to them, but to me its quite a lot.

Really its just annoying that this has happened and I have to spend time sorting it out, when really I just want to build the bike and use it.

If the motor turns up I'll close the paypal case straight away, but considering I only have one tracking number that on the paypal site shows it accounting for the battery and the motor I don't think they have sent it, but as the weight of the first parcel is only 3.6kg and the parcelforce picture only shows one box big enough for a battery and charger I think I'll be ok claiming, but I really just want the motor, if I wanted the money back I wouldn't of bought it in the first place.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
As Seneagle said - don't panic.

If you want stuff fast - buy from Woosh.

If you want stuff cheap - buy from PSW, but a lot of patience is needed.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
Well I'm new back into the game so didn't know, if it doesn't turn up, I'll get my refund and buy from Woosh.

Cheers

Reactions: thelarkbox

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
The shipping is from Germany, but I know the staff may live in China.

As for the 'mis-labelling' might be a ruse to avoid complications shipping a battery, then why ship it seperatley to the motor, makes no sense to me, and I didn't ask them to hide the fact that its a battery, if there was a customs charge for that I would of paid it, I was expecting to pay one to be honest. They also marked down the value of the battery and I didn't ask them to do that either, although I can imagine why they did.

I'm not saying they did this on purpose to steal my money as I'm sure £250 is a drop in the ocean to them, but to me its quite a lot.

Really its just annoying that this has happened and I have to spend time sorting it out, when really I just want to build the bike and use it.

If the motor turns up I'll close the paypal case straight away, but considering I only have one tracking number that on the paypal site shows it accounting for the battery and the motor I don't think they have sent it, but as the weight of the first parcel is only 3.6kg and the parcelforce picture only shows one box big enough for a battery and charger I think I'll be ok claiming, but I really just want the motor, if I wanted the money back I wouldn't of bought it in the first place.

With no direct experience with PSPower myself, but within this site for everyone who has a complaint about them someone will champion their prices as a counter, and report trouble free experiences.

So perhaps Not intentional scam artists, but perhaps short staffed, overworked and prone to screwups?

Chances are the motor will arrive within the week with the battery warning stickers on whats left of the packaging after a customs inspection.. and if not Its a PP purchase and your on top of the situation, so its a frustrating inconvenience at worst, that may result in a full refund and you keeping the battery ;) tho dont hold your breath for that outcome..

However you eventually get your hands on your motor hope its a trouble free fit - tho you know where to come if it isnt ;), And it puts a wide grin on your face when your ridding the powered bike..

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
I've had a 250w bafang from them before and it went fine, but that time I didn't order a battery, I also had a 500w bafang, but decided its best to stick to the rules and have the legal 250w.

All I really want is the motor now, the battery seems good quality, I really don't want a refund, just what I paid for.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've had a 250w bafang from them before and it went fine, but that time I didn't order a battery, I also had a 500w bafang, but decided its best to stick to the rules and have the legal 250w.

All I really want is the motor now, the battery seems good quality, I really don't want a refund, just what I paid for.
If you look back somewhere onthis forum about 3 or 4 months ago, someone had exactly the same as you. I can't say for certain it was PSWPower, but I think it was. He came on full of panic. Everybody told him to make PayPal claims and things like that, then the second box came the next day. Your money is always covered by Aliexpress and PayPal for quite a long time. I wouldn't do anything for at least two weeks. Your stuff should come before that. It's probably coming from China, while the battery came from Germany, or vice versa. Please inform us when it comes so that other people can see the exact delivery expectations and make the correct choices for themselves.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
they both say shipped from germany under one tracking number

Last edited:

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
Ok, I've finally managed to get a 2nd tracking number from them and spoken to parcelforce who say its getting delivered tomorrow, if PSWPOWER gave two tracking numbers in the first place and told me they would be delivered seperatley then I wouldn't of got worried.
I've updated paypal and told them the new tracking number and that I will be back on Monday to cancel the claim when the motor arrives.

At least others on here wil be aware of this if and when it happens to another member in the future.

Thanks for the comments guys.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ok, I've finally managed to get a 2nd tracking number from them and spoken to parcelforce who say its getting delivered tomorrow, if PSWPOWER gave two tracking numbers in the first place and told me they would be delivered seperatley then I wouldn't of got worried.
I've updated paypal and told them the new tracking number and that I will be back on Monday to cancel the claim when the motor arrives.

At least others on here wil be aware of this if and when it happens to another member in the future.

Thanks for the comments guys.
They can't give two tracking numbers when one of the items comes from China because you only get it from the UK shipping company assigned to bring it from the airport or dock to your house. I guess you selected China Post in the shipping options because it was the cheapest. The China Post tracking that covers shipping from the seller to the airport/dock can't be interpreted from the UK. If you had chosen the expensive shipping company that operates in both China and UK, you probably would have got a tracking number. Some of the UK shipping companies send you a message " we have your parcel, when it clears customs.

Anyway, all that above matters not. As I said, when you order stuff from these companies, you just have to be patient. The stuff always comes.

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
Both items were shipped from Germany, I selected Germany for both, I would of selected UK, but only Germany was available.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Thanks for update.

PSW is a big company and they have many warehouses in different parts of the world. I don't think they communicate well as my parcel arrived before I managed to get tracking number out of them. Patience is needed to deal with them.

One more question - did you pay any import fees?

sparkysxx

Sep 6, 2024
Well I have only received the battery so far and no import fees, and yes they don't communicate very well.