Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Remember GIGO, garbage in, garbage out. And they've been programmed with... :)
oh no there all full of $hit , we need to save the planet! but if you dont do as you are told we will blow you up for profit :p

my answer would be DEATH ;)

:cool:

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The answer to the question what is the meaning of life, is that there is no meaning, but you are VERY lucky to have come into being, so don't waste it, and don't complain, because you already won the biggest, hardest lottery the universe has ever seen.

If any single one of your millions of generations of ancestors, right back to the bacteria and slime species that lie in your distant ancestral tree, had reproduced on a different day, or if in any of the animals in your line, had been fertilised by a different sperm, YOU would never have existed at all. If your parents had had sex on a different night (and the same going back a million generations) somebody else would be alive. They would be as different from you as your brother or the bloke next door. That view of the world we all have, looking out of the letter box of our eyes at the world we live in, is completely unique and has never happened before in the life of the Universe, and when we die it will never ever happen again.

So - rather than puzzling about the meaning of life, why not just try and live life, and not waste a minute of it, because what you have, is not coming back again, and there is nothing else.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Remember GIGO, garbage in, garbage out. And they've been programmed with... :)
AI is still in development. Smaller models are trained with synthetic data.
About Tony Heller position on CO2, I think he picks and chooses his data. I live in a small town in France and a big town in the UK, I can easily compare the two locations, the air, the water etc. Real climate is very much affected by population density. By extrapolation, man made. One thing for certain, the bigger city you live in, the more likely you'll be concerned with climate change.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
America doesn't tax very wealthy companies properly, and it is no surprise that certain individuals like those who invent companies like Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon, who own a large part of the shares of those companies because they invented them, are very very very rich indeed.

But answer me this:

Would the world be better off without Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon?

And why shouldn't the people who invented Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon and many other hugely successful companies, be richly rewarded?

Without those people, those companies and their products and services would not exist. Bill Gates and his pal invented Microsoft and most of you are using his software and have been for thirty years or more. If you don't like it. Don't buy it. How many of you have an Apple phone or device?

And another thing. It is no surprise at all that in any country some people do a lot better at getting on than others.

Why? Because some people are very stupid (about 20% of the population has an IQ which renders them pretty much unemployable in any job requiring more than just sweeping up) and most people are about average. Another 20% are pretty clever and people like the big winners of Microsoft and Apple, and some of those other companies are VERY clever indeed. Hence their inventions and massive success.

The proportion of the population at different levels of cognitive ability. Bottom line shows IQ score
The people at the very top end of the ability distribution are going to do massively better at making money than the people at the bottom end. No surprise there Sherlock.

Now it is perfectly right to tax the massive profits of those very rich money making companies and to spend some of that money on the unfortunately sick who REALLY can not work, but we have a lot of left wing harping in the Guardian, about how everybody who has done well must give up most of their money, or have their second home seized, by communist type government to hand money out to folks who never really tried, aren't clever enough to be very useful, and to pay for the incontinent reproduction of people who have five children and a dead end job.

I didn't have any children at all, until I could pay for them, and knew I could keep on paying for them and I expect that most of you did the same. And I worked hard at my career for forty years and had no more than ten days off in that whole time.

People born with terrible problems, who are struck with horrible diseases like cancer and REALLY can not work need a hand up, but in my opinion we have in this country, where most of us here live, FAR too many spineless people declaring themselves unable to work for ridiculous reasons and getting a living for no good reason, on the back of the hard work of the rest of us. The numbers of people certified as 'too sick to work' has risen for no good reason as far as I am concerned. There are about five million people of working age who are not employed. I don't know how many of them are getting benefits.

There is a ridiculous idea gaining ground in the UK that we are somehow entitled to have money handed to us from the hardworking and successful people because they got too much. Well most of them got what they got by bloody hard work and being very clever. If you want success yourself, go for it.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

its the future :confused:

Reactions: Ghost1951

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
That was pretty funny and probably not too far from the truth.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
America doesn't tax very wealthy companies properly, and it is no surprise that certain individuals like those who invent companies like Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon, who own a large part of the shares of those companies because they invented them, are very very very rich indeed.

But answer me this:

Would the world be better off without Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon?

And why shouldn't the people who invented Apple, or Microsoft, or Paypal, or Amazon and many other hugely successful companies, be richly rewarded?

Without those people, those companies and their products and services would not exist. Bill Gates and his pal invented Microsoft and most of you are using his software and have been for thirty years or more. If you don't like it. Don't buy it. How many of you have an Apple phone or device?

And another thing. It is no surprise at all that in any country some people do a lot better at getting on than others.

Why? Because some people are very stupid (about 20% of the population has an IQ which renders them pretty much unemployable in any job requiring more than just sweeping up) and most people are about average. Another 20% are pretty clever and people like the big winners of Microsoft and Apple, and some of those other companies are VERY clever indeed. Hence their inventions and massive success.

The proportion of the population at different levels of cognitive ability. Bottom line shows IQ score
View attachment 59408
The people at the very top end of the ability distribution are going to do massively better at making money than the people at the bottom end. No surprise there Sherlock.

Now it is perfectly right to tax the massive profits of those very rich money making companies and to spend some of that money on the unfortunately sick who REALLY can not work, but we have a lot of left wing harping in the Guardian, about how everybody who has done well must give up most of their money, or have their second home seized, by communist type government to hand money out to folks who never really tried, aren't clever enough to be very useful, and to pay for the incontinent reproduction of people who have five children and a dead end job.

I didn't have any children at all, until I could pay for them, and knew I could keep on paying for them and I expect that most of you did the same. And I worked hard at my career for forty years and had no more than ten days off in that whole time.

People born with terrible problems, who are struck with horrible diseases like cancer and REALLY can not work need a hand up, but in my opinion we have in this country, where most of us here live, FAR too many spineless people declaring themselves unable to work for ridiculous reasons and getting a living for no good reason, on the back of the hard work of the rest of us. The numbers of people certified as 'too sick to work' has risen for no good reason as far as I am concerned. There are about five million people of working age who are not employed. I don't know how many of them are getting benefits.

There is a ridiculous idea gaining ground in the UK that we are somehow entitled to have money handed to us from the hardworking and successful people because they got too much. Well most of them got what they got by bloody hard work and being very clever. If you want success yourself, go for it.
It's not the founders who created the wealth but those who worked in their businesses. The latter got their education from the state etc. If they pay their taxes properly, I would not mind that they are very rich. A lot of them do no more than buy and sell shares.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

But answer me this:

View attachment 59408

Other, happier, models of society are available

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

But answer me this:

View attachment 59408

jamesporritt

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2021
Other, happier, models of society are available

5 years is not enough to make the United Kingdom happy like that. This government is too centrist to attempt it.