Powering a Dahon mu-n360?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well you are definitely looking at a front hub conversion if you wish to to maintain the rear hub. You would need to check front fork spacing and I am guessing they are less than 100mm, which then restricts you to narrow width hubs like the Tongxin and Cute 85.

IMHO I don't think you need that many gears if you have e power. You could drop down to a 3 speed or auto 2 speed hub and maintain the robust winter proof advantage over derailleur.

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Nice John and good to see the welded carrier block on the front to attach luggage. The Brompton has it and IMHO ALL smaller wheeled bikes should.

PS I notice your appear to have Big Apples fitted another "almost" must if you have no suspension on small wheeled bikes.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Alternatively, there is the 'off the peg' rear motor eZee Dahon
CycleZee 019.jpg

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Excuse my ignorance John but which model is this referring to yours that is

Alan

C

Cyclezee

Hi Alan,

The first photo shows a Dahon MU with an eZee 20" front wheel conversion kit fitted and the second shows a Dahon Bullett assembled in the eZee factory.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Hi Alan,

The first photo shows a Dahon MU with an eZee 20" front wheel conversion kit fitted and the second shows a Dahon Bullett assembled in the eZee factory.
Thanks John

I have looked on your website , approximately what would be a "fitted" cost of a 20" conversion to an Mu

Alan

C

Cyclezee

Hi Alan,

I will send you a PM later as I have to break off for while.;)

Johan van der Spoel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2012
Hello John,

The 20" eZee front wheel conversion kit, will it fit in a standard Dahon front fork? So will this package contain a narrow width hub motor?

Thanks,
Johan

C

Cyclezee

Hello Johan,

Our 20" eZee rear wheel kit will fit the Dahon, but the front motor requires 100 mm between the dropouts so it will not fit the standard forks.