Power cable too short

sparkysxx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2024
Hi,

Stupidly I cut the power cable coming off the BBS02B, its 6 inches long now, I know I shouldn't of cut it but its done now, so all I can do is try my best to fix it, can I simply re solder it back together and use heat shrink with adhesive lining to make it longer again? I'm good with a soldering iron, i've spent the last 20 years tinkering with old R/C cars.

thanks

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Yes, but you could just fit a hi power connector too like a waterproof marine grade xt90?
an extra power isolation option might be a nice security feature against opportunists.

Reactions: sparkysxx

sparkysxx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2024
I was thinking of just wiring the controller straight into the battery with no connector involved at all, wish i had thought of that before cutting it but there ya go, I can't uncut it now. I was just trying to make it neat, but theres a load of other long wires that I can't cut anyway so don't really know why I did it.

I have the capacity to make the cable coming from the battery as long as i want it to. Its a shame that the power cable is potted in the controller, otherwise I'd just resolder it there.

Also i doubt this bike will see any water unless it starts raining whilst I'm out and I plan for that not to happen.