planetary gears - Ezee Torq motor Broken

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Hi Guys

I have an Ezee Torq I think the Trekking with front suspension and disc brakes. Anyway a couple of teeth have broken from the gears in the motor. Luckily when I bought the bike it came with a spare motor that I have now fitted. The motor that is broken used to do 20mph so the bike must have been unrestricted but the one I have put in only does 15mph. So I guess there must have been a couple of versions. I really find 15mph, although this motor feels it has more torque, too slow ( I don’t want to get into the legalities of it). Does anyone know where I can source spare planetary gears for my original motor?

Thanks in advance

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
hi d8veh

If it is they don't ship to my address in the uk if i add to cart. I thought the Ezee motor was a 250 watt anyway

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Quite a few of the earlier series of SB motor in the Torq 1 suffered from mangled gears, including one of my own at an early age, but it's unusual in the second series like your Trekking model.

I suspect from what you say that yours may have been one of the earliest Trekking models with the 350 watt motor setup that it originally had for the 20 mph US market where this model was first introduced. It was later changed to the 250 watt rating with 15 mph limiting for most supplied in Britain.

N.B. Crossed with Martin's post.

Last edited: