Help! Pedal assist problem

Trevorthedriver

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2020
I have upgraded a Byocycle folder using KT con63 controller and LCD7 display. Everything works including the throttle apart from pedal assist. Nothing when pedaling forward but it pulls in when I back pedal in freewheel. Meter check shows sensor switches from +5 to 0 correctly. I've upgraded 2 freego bikes in the past using the same kit with no problems. The Byocycle had a Lishui controller so I'm wondering if I have a compatibility problem with the original PAS. It's a 6 pole disc same as the freego. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
My guess is that the PAS sensor is on back to front.

That said, there are experts here and I am not one of them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Flip the magnet disc face as the magnets have a North or South Pole.
All cadence PAS are generic three wires so 99.9% should work with any generic controller.
Alternately as Ghost has mentioned if one rotates the sensor head 180 degrees one should get the same effect but it often leaves the cable in a weird position and prone to possible damage.

Which side of the bike did you fit it ?
PAS are handed , most are RHS mounted any LHS KT PAS will be denoted with an L in the product version such as V12L or DL12 .

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have upgraded a Byocycle folder using KT con63 controller and LCD7 display. Everything works including the throttle apart from pedal assist. Nothing when pedaling forward but it pulls in when I back pedal in freewheel. Meter check shows sensor switches from +5 to 0 correctly. I've upgraded 2 freego bikes in the past using the same kit with no problems. The Byocycle had a Lishui controller so I'm wondering if I have a compatibility problem with the original PAS. It's a 6 pole disc same as the freego. Any suggestions would be appreciated
The magnet disc is installed upside down or you have the wrong setting in the LCD. try reversing it in the setting first. C1= 5, 6 or 7, depending on how many magnets you have in the disc.

Trevorthedriver

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks all for your suggestions. Turning the disc around has solved the problem. It's now the opposite way round to when it left the factory with the Lishui controller. The " direction of rotation" arrow now shows it to be turning the wrong way. But it works, so I shall investigate no further.
Thanks again

Reactions: Ghost1951

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another happy pedelecer.