PAS needed

1fifer1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2023
Hi I'm in need of a new PAS magnetic ring the one I have is literally falling apart, my question is where ca n I find a quality part? it's to fit a Brompton, regards
Jim

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi I'm in need of a new PAS magnetic ring the one I have is literally falling apart, my question is where ca n I find a quality part? it's to fit a Brompton, regards
Jim
You need to tell us which one you have. Also, you can glue it back together with epoxy. The plastic is only to hold the magnets in the right place. You can even 3D print one if you know anybody with a printer, or buy one for about £150.

1fifer1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2023
You need to tell us which one you have. Also, you can glue it back together with epoxy. The plastic is only to hold the magnets in the right place. You can even 3D print one if you know anybody with a printer, or buy one for about £150.
Hi the magnetic ring is for a swytch kit and just seems to have become brittle, I will try the glue, many thanks

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi the magnetic ring is for a swytch kit and just seems to have become brittle, I will try the glue, many thanks
Before you do that, check with another magnet to get the orientation of the magnets in the disc. They're probably all the same way up, but sometimes they alternate. You can then break open any cracked parts and glue them properly. Tha magnets are normally just held in by friction. You can add a bit of glue if they're too loose, and if you lose any, you can buy them very cheap on Ebay.