Oxygen Emate - New Battery

Claire Rigby

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Abergele
Firstly, excuse my naivety/stupidity!

I have purchased a new battery for my husbands Oxygen e-mate for Christmas, stupidly I was told by someone who had converted their own bike to an ebike that as long as the voltage and aph of the battery was the same it would fit on the bike.

So away I went and purchased a new battery, slightly higher aph but after some research discovered that this doesn't really make much difference. The Voltage is the same, this is the battery I have purchased;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V13-6Ah-E-bike-Black-Bottle-Battery-Pedelec-Lithium-ion-Battery-2ACharger/222536643875?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

As you can see, the connector has two wires, the person who said it would fit and he would fit it has now b*ggered off for Christmas and my husbands bike is now without any battery at all.

I suppose my question is whether the battery is compatible and what I need to do to get it to connect, I can take it to a bike shop but I thought I'd rather feel stupid anonymously in a forum than face to face in a bike shop.

I have attached a picture of the cables and the bike, please don't tell me how silly I am, I already know!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give :oops:

Bike_1.JPG Bike_2.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

The battery is fine, but you shouldn't have cut off all those wires from the controller. All you needed to do was remove the controller from the battery mount and strap it to the seat tube, then join the two wires from the new battery to the two wires in the controller box that are attached to the outer two pins.

If you can safely and reliably join all those wires together, you can still do that, but you must be sure that they go in the right sequence, otherwise you need to strip out all the wiring and get a new controller and display. the throttle, brakes and pedal sensor should still work, but you need to do a bit of wiring to connect them to the new controller.

This is a really nice controller. It'll make the bike feel like a new one. You need the LCD too:

http://www.pswpower.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2016-3F-39N8.50CQE

• Agree
Reactions: Warwick

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Not going to be easy to resolder 14 small wires back in to the tails left connected to the controller. Whoever does it will need to open the controller to be able to get to said tales to solder and they will all need heat shrinking.

Claire Rigby

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Abergele
Thank you, you've been incredibly helpful and it all makes a bit more sense now.

Got the old Controller which is possibly why it wasn't making any sense to me before but think we'll just purchase a new one as recommended.

Have a great Christmas :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you go for the KT controller & lcd it might be better to buy the PAS, throttle, brakes also as overall they don't add much to the cost. If you are lucky you might be able to fish all the wiring internally again.

The original controller is out of stock from Oxydrive and originally was/is sourced from DAS kit in Germany, don't know if they deal with individuals or if Oxygen bikes can help out. Your issue will still be connecting all the wiring back together.
http://www.das-kit.com/Products/D5_Rear/Controller/

Advertisers