oxygen battery repair/ rebuild

grahamx

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2017
uk
Just looking for recommendation to send off my mk1 ST battery (only charges to 37v) for rebuild.

Thanks

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Is this the Oxygen 24" step through? If so, I have the same bike and it uses a silverfish battery, readily available from eBay and possibly more economic than a rebuild.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
dont these use a generic style retention battery the same or similar to this available at yosepower, aliexpress, ebay etc for half the price that Oxygen seel them for

Reactions: grahamx

grahamx

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2017
uk
Can't you buy one from Oxygen? It should be a lot cheaper than a rebuild.
....v expensive

dont these use a generic style retention battery the same or similar to this available at yosepower, aliexpress, ebay etc for half the price that Oxygen seel them for

thanks will take a look

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23
I have a mark 1 Oxygen ST which developed the same battery problem as yours- would only charge to 37/38v.
Sent the battery off to Torqu-e-cycles at 139 Babbacombe Rd, Torquay TQ1 3SR , see website.

No rebuild needed, BMS at fault. BMS repaired and battery charging to 42.8v. Great result.
Lot cheaper than battery rebuild - worth a call.

grahamx

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2017
uk
I have a mark 1 Oxygen ST which developed the same battery problem as yours- would only charge to 37/38v.
Sent the battery off to Torqu-e-cycles at 139 Babbacombe Rd, Torquay TQ1 3SR , see website.

No rebuild needed, BMS at fault. BMS repaired and battery charging to 42.8v. Great result.
Lot cheaper than battery rebuild - worth a call.
thanks very helpful