Newbie looking to buy

paddyo1963

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2024
Good morning, I am absolutely new to ebikes but at 60 and 95 kg I am looking to jump in and buy my first ebike ,I have zero experience on ebikes but I currently pedal 3.5 miles each way each day 35 miles a week and it is hilly then I can walk and average 10miles a day for work and my current bike I have had my Carrera for 7 years is on its way out .So if anyone can just offer a bit off guidance and point me in the right direction that would be great .look forward to any advice and thanks for looking in

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fit a tsdz8 to your Carrera. Perfect for your weight and steep hills.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Good morning, I am absolutely new to ebikes but at 60 and 95 kg I am looking to jump in and buy my first ebike ,I have zero experience on ebikes but I currently pedal 3.5 miles each way each day 35 miles a week and it is hilly then I can walk and average 10miles a day for work and my current bike I have had my Carrera for 7 years is on its way out .So if anyone can just offer a bit off guidance and point me in the right direction that would be great .look forward to any advice and thanks for looking in
So you currently cycle a hilly 7 miles each day on a non electric Carrera and you want to get an ebike ? Do you want to go on longer rides for leisure or just that 7 miles a day ?

Maybe the 2nd hand Rambletta or Camino here
(The Faro is generally better for lighter people / less hilly but I guess you are doing ride this without assistance at the minute)

(Woosh have very good support and there's usually parts available if anything goes wrong)

Reactions: paddyo1963

paddyo1963

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2024
So you currently cycle a hilly 7 miles each day on a non electric Carrera and you want to get an ebike ? Do you want to go on longer rides for leisure or just that 7 miles a day ?

Maybe the 2nd hand Rambletta or Camino here
(The Faro is generally better for lighter people / less hilly but I guess you are doing ride this without assistance at the minute)

(Woosh have very good support and there's usually parts available if anything goes wrong)
Yes I cycle non assisted very fit but with all my walking milage I just want to take an easier drive and absolutely I want to use the bike for leisure time as well. Info is much appreciated

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Paddy - do you have the skills to maintain your bike now and could you do the installation of a kit, albeit with advice from people on here? Not everyone is comfortable with tools and stuff like pulling cranks off and fitting a crank drive as suggested above. Of course, if you're not comfortable installing a crank drive yourself, you can get help from someone to do the fitting. There is a lot of expertise here so you will get plenty of sound advice.

Reactions: paddyo1963