New to the site - I have a Hai bike Exduro FS

55tc

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Hi there, new to the site, I have a Hai bike exduro FS (full sus) that I bought from justebikes (L.E.V) in Suffolk last year and a exduro RC (hard tail) that ive just ordered from them today for the wife (although I am sure my friends will use it more!) Coming from a motocross background I have found this a good alternative as I am getting too old to be breaking bones all the time on a motocross bike! Finding normal mountain biking a bit slow going (or maybe I am a bit lazy) these hai bikes are brilliant for off road trial riding and I am looking for new suggestions of places to take them for fairly advanced off road riding anywhere in the UK as traveling is no problem. Also would anyone know wheres best for ebike insurance? All suggestions welcome and if anyone has a simular bike local to me (Cannock Chase Area) and fancies a ride out then give me a shout as all my friends on normal bikes refuse to go with me!! Or when they do they get very annoyed when I sail past on the uphills!

C

Cyclezee

Welcome to the forum 55tc.
Maybe you could suggest to your friends that they electric bikes too so that they can keep up;)

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Where to start! This bike, as you probably already know, is as capable as any top spec unpowered mountain bike for tackling XC terrain, so any of the dedicated mountain bike centre trails are suitable, then there are the 1,000 miles of byways that criss-cross the country ranging from flat fast ground to steep and rocky, take your choice. Cannock Chase has a MTB centre does it not?

I also ride with unpowered friends, but because I like to get training benefit I lower the assist and use much more of my own power which keeps them relatively happy, as then I can match their [slow] speed and stay with the pack more, otherwise I would be off into the distance leaving them for dust which is not very sociable now is it :cool:

On the subject of breaking bones, I have had some painful offs with muscle injury, luckily no broken bones, due to rider error, so just because you are not on a petrol crosser doesn't mean it's any less dangerous/painfull when you hit the dirt.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know if you are ever up in the North East but if you are then my local woods (Chopwell Woods in the Derwent valley) has some very testing MTB routes as well as a lot of easier MTB trails through the woods. This video link from the local MTB North East gives you an idea (not that I would even think of doing anything as daft as this!) - I just toddle up and down my bit of the C2C which runs close by.

Chopwell skills evenings - MTB North East