Looking to buy my first ebike, overwhelmed! Any advice?

Shiloh

Just Joined
Jun 10, 2024
Female, 36, 5'8, 120lbs, UK and looking at ebikes.

Wanting a step through, under 2k, light as possible, ok in rain, removable battery, option to add my klickfix handlebar bracket on and my rear rack and crate.

I have eds and joint hypermobility and live in a very hilly area. Cycling has become too tough but i rely on it to get about . Hence, looking to swap my bike for an ebike, but have no clue where to start.

Any advice appreciated!

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
My wife has a Wisper 705, it is brill. Great up hills. Would recommend one of the bigger batteries, maybe avoid the torque sensor if you have mobility issues
Noticed it was on sale here

Also worth speaking to @Wisper Bikes they may have some ex display models but still with the full guarantee

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Personally I would avoid a mid drive bike unless it has a throttle.
Wisper are totally legal bikes with dvla approved throttle options if one goes with that package, Wisper will will have the bike tested and approved at a MOT center. Once done it is a one off test and one gets the paper work (V5) to show it is legal( if stopped by plod one can tell them to jog on), opt for a rear hub driven bike with full acting throttle for when one is unable to pedal far.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Personally I would avoid a mid drive bike unless it has a throttle.
Wisper are totally legal bikes with dvla approved throttle options if one goes with that package, Wisper will will have the bike tested and approved at a MOT center. Once done it is a one off test and one gets the paper work (V5) to show it is legal( if stopped by plod one can tell them to jog on), opt for a rear hub driven bike with full acting throttle for when one is unable to pedal far.
Without the full throttle option, when you twist the twist grip , you get maximum pedal assist, which is a very useful feature.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes