Looking for a 48V battery

bikls864

Just Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Hi guys,

I've been looking lately for a good solid 48V Pack on the internet, could you please recommend me a good pack from experience? I don't want to deal with anything from abroad!

Thanks in advance!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Would you recommend a small pack instead of the 20AH for a 500W motor?
500w motor doesn't mean anything. It's the controller that determines the current. Ideally, you need a minimum of about 5 amps headroom from the battery, so a 20A controller needs a battery that can give at least 25A maximum continuous current.

The battery you selected has a 40A BMS and cells that are supposed to give 50A, but I normally divide that by 2 to avoid working them too hard. I'd be happy to use it with a controller up to say 22A.

bikls864

Just Joined
Jul 11, 2024
500w motor doesn't mean anything. It's the controller that determines the current. Ideally, you need a minimum of about 5 amps headroom from the battery, so a 20A controller needs a battery that can give at least 25A maximum continuous current.

The battery you selected has a 40A BMS and cells that are supposed to give 50A, but I normally divide that by 2 to avoid working them too hard. I'd be happy to use it with a controller up to say 22A.
Bought the battery from Greenlance and it arrived within 48 hours. Fitted onto my bike and everything is great so far. Thank you for the recommendation!