Kudos Typhoon Problem

Ian Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2015
My Kudos Typhoon which I purchased in February 2015 has stopped working.

When I turn the bike on at the battery and press the handlebar switch the LCD display will illuminate for a split second before turning off and then nothing, if a turn off the battery and turn on again the process repeats.

The same happens when I press the power indicator at the top of the battery, the lights show red for a split second then go off.

I have charged the battery and checked all the connections in the control box

I have bought a LCD display and tried replacing this without success

Both Kudos and the company that supplied the bike have not responded to any of my e-mails

can anyone help ?

D

Deleted member 4366

It's probably not charged. First, you have to measure the voltage at the bottom with a voltmeter. That will determine what to do next.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
My Kudos Typhoon which I purchased in February 2015 has stopped working.

When I turn the bike on at the battery and press the handlebar switch the LCD display will illuminate for a split second before turning off and then nothing, if a turn off the battery and turn on again the process repeats.

The same happens when I press the power indicator at the top of the battery, the lights show red for a split second then go off.

I have charged the battery and checked all the connections in the control box

I have bought a LCD display and tried replacing this without success

Both Kudos and the company that supplied the bike have not responded to any of my e-mails

can anyone help ?
Give the shop a ring if you bought it from there. They should be your first port of call because they are who you have a contract with. If they are really ignoring you then name and shame here and I expect KudosDave will get involved.

Sometimes emails don’t get answered very quickly, and sometimes they just get deleted automatically as spam.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if you don't get a reply to your email within the next business day, you should ring their sales line. There is always somebody at the end of that line.
BTW, it seems to me that the battery is at fault. You need to stop by at the shop where you bought your bike and test your battery on another bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Back to the shop/dealer first port of call.

Advertisers