Kudos review

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
On Friday i took a trip to KUDOS near Herne bay , as i am contemplating if to renew battery or buy a new bike, i found very friendly and helpful crew , on trying various machines around the forecourt i was impressed with quality for the price . there is something for all tastes, i tried small wheels, dutch style heavy bike, a 21 speed sport ... but same old problem under geared i found myself riding around the yard in top gear, after trying the range i was in confusion .. performance wise no better than my Forza but however i am sure that with a few upgrades and and customizing ........watch this space....?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi Geostorm,thanks for your review. Am always interested in others views on our bikes,the Sport bike has been very succesfull,out of 180 only 30 now left,I am about to order another batch so if I can make any improvements would welcome your suggestions that would meet your requirements.
With the power of the motor plus riders efforts I can start off on every e-bike I have ever ridden in top gear, out of interest what is the maximum speed that you would like to ride these bikes? Obviously to be legal the power must cutoff at 15 mph. so its leg power only after that.
Would be very interested in the style/specification/gearing of your ideal bike?-perhaps others could contribute as to their ideals?
Dave
Kudoscycles

Last edited:

mark4444

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2011
Hi Dave

I have had a Kudos Sport for 2 months and can't thank you enough for providing such a fantastic bike at
such an a great price.Also no one has noticed its an electric bike until I point out the battery and motor
I only ever really use top gear even starting off but it would been a plus to have had a higher gear to
reduce pedal revolutions at 15mph or to speed up downhill which is easy using leg power only.However
this is not a criticism as the bike has exceeded all my expectations.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
sport

Hi Geostorm,thanks for your review. Am always interested in others views on our bikes,the Sport bike has been very succesfull,out of 180 only 30 now left,I am about to order another batch so if I can make any improvements would welcome your suggestions that would meet your requirements.
With the power of the motor plus riders efforts I can start off on every e-bike I have ever ridden in top gear, out of interest what is the maximum speed that you would like to ride these bikes? Obviously to be legal the power must cutoff at 15 mph. so its leg power only after that.
Would be very interested in the style/specification/gearing of your ideal bike?-perhaps others could contribute as to their ideals?
Dave
Kudoscycles
Hi Dave, i agree with our friend , as i remarked on test ride that it would help perhaps to fit bigger chain ring to upgear ratio, i am far from being fit and at 17st. and in 70s = no threat to Cav. ...i like to go about the average 20s now around town. .

May i also add of course that we all have different needs and preferences. i am sure from past experince in trade, and that i was in your shoes that to offer a custom build , (eg. safari with Brompton seat post ) may be a service that you could offer.?

Hope this helps.
Geoff

C

Cyclezee

there is something for all tastes, i tried small wheels, dutch style heavy bike, a 21 speed sport ... but same old problem under geared i found myself riding around the yard in top gear, after trying the range i was in confusion .. performance wise no better than my Forza but however i am sure that with a few upgrades and and customizing ........watch this space....?
Hi Geostrom,

Undergearing is a flaw found on several generic Chinese imported brands, it can usually be rectified by fitting a larger single chainring at the sacrifice of the chainguard.

I did this with another brand of e-bike I had a couple years ago whilst researching the market.
It didn't stop there, I replaced the useless front suspension forks, disc brakes, saddle and several other componets before it was satisfactory. I would have replaced the wheels too, but it was getting to the point that I the only original part would be the frame.

If your Forza is in reasonable condition and you are otherwise happy with it, a new battery would transform it;)

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Hi John, i agree with what you said, and i may well hold on . I was under the impression that it would be cheaper to go for a flat pack , but it appears vertical type similar price,,what make ?.

what happened to the LIV, not much mentioned ? are they still obtainable if so what price.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Geostorm,

The batteries that I was referring to are eZee Lithium Polymer.
The 37v eZee VP or vertical packs now come with a choice of four capacities, 8Ah @ £280, 10Ah @ £350, 14Ah @ £450 and 20Ah @ £595.

The eZee FP or flat pack type which are designed for dual battery setups on bikes or supplied with eZee conversion kits. They are more expensive due to have a key switch incorporated and priced accordingly, 38.4v 8.5Ah LiFePO4 £325, 37v 10Ah LiPo £385, 37v 14Ah LiPo £475 and 48v 10Ah LiPo £495.

We have a few 10Ah FP's available at a discount price right now as a lot of eZee kit buyers opt to upgrade to the 14Ah version and we can offer them for only £285, a saving of £100.

They are terminated with Anderson connectors and have a keyed switch.

The Liv has been discontinued for sometime, it had a brushed motor which eZee also discontinued. When last sold the Liv was £900. Today the closest equivalent to the Liv is the Sprint Primo with eZee brushless motor available from £750.