In-line waterproof connectors

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Somewhere on this forum there is a discussion about in-line waterproof connectors, Radio Spares or was it Radio Shack/Tandy, but i just can't find it,
could any-one point me in the right direction,

incidentally, i need 8 contacts to enable dis-engaging the rear wheel/hub motor,

any help would be much appreciated,
thanks,
beeps

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
In line Waterprrof connectors

Somewhere on this forum there is a discussion about in-line waterproof connectors, Radio Spares or was it Radio Shack/Tandy, but i just can't find it,
could any-one point me in the right direction,

incidentally, i need 8 contacts to enable dis-engaging the rear wheel/hub motor,

any help would be much appreciated,
thanks,
beeps
Is this what you were looking for?
"Wire Cutting any one" was a new thread posted by Half Medley 2-21-2007.

And this posted by Flecc 2-21-2007 on that thread:

As Russ advised. The cheap looking automotive plug in tubular connectors handle the current ok, and the Torq uses three of them for the main motor feeds. The current carrying is the main thing, the connectors must be able to handle around 20 amps for the phase feeds.

There's also five thin wire signal feeds from the Hall sensors on the Hall effect motors. These don't carry much current and a light connector is ok, but secure connections are essential on these since any connection loss can cause severe vibrational stress to the motor. A really good quality DIN 5 pin connector could do that job, but there's not much choice around for these in the UK now. Radiospares have very good quality similar design IP67 type 5 pin connectors which look like DIN ones but have thicker pins.

Peter

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The current Quando's use a five wire flat black connector for the Hall sensor wires, similar to the combined throttle and lightswitch connector.

RS Components (Radiospares) may have similar ones you could use, as one of these would sit flatter against the fork.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Thanks Pete, that was it exactly.

thanks Flecc, wasn't thinking of attaching to the fork, but hiding the connector under the forked stand, which will replace the side bar kick stand, i have a small boxed enclosure to hide & protect the terminals, so i could panel mount the socket there if need be.

beeps