I'm brand new here and had searched for help on a non working pas and now I'm a new member

Justindiy

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2024
So. I . had read a post and I cannot find it about somebody had an SW 900 display it sounded like with the p settings and no matter what they did they couldn't get the pedal Ascent sensor to work. So I am in the same boat I have a 2000 Watt kit with a 45 amp controller and magnet pedal sensor that came with it and I had an extra pedal sensor from another unit as well. So I just recently connected the pedal sensor because I put a 52 tooth front sprocket on my bike so I could pedal at faster speeds and I wanted to see if I could get more speed out of the pedal assist. But neither sensor is working. This is my second diy ebike so I feel like I kinda know what I'm doing at this point. I have tried pedaling backwards checked all the wires to make sure they were plugged in properly it was brand new so there's no mudder debris and I've tried two different sensors with both of the same connectors and neither one worked so I'm now in the conclusion that possibly my controller was defective with the pas it actually kicked in randomly and almost did wheelie which was kind of strange. I don't have any meters to test or anything like that but now the bike isn't doing anything in pedal assist and I'd like to be able to use it any thoughts??? Also sorry for rambling lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not a pedelec or EAPC then.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
So. I . had read a post and I cannot find it about somebody had an SW 900 display it sounded like with the p settings and no matter what they did they couldn't get the pedal Ascent sensor to work. So I am in the same boat I have a 2000 Watt kit with a 45 amp controller and magnet pedal sensor that came with it and I had an extra pedal sensor from another unit as well. So I just recently connected the pedal sensor because I put a 52 tooth front sprocket on my bike so I could pedal at faster speeds and I wanted to see if I could get more speed out of the pedal assist. But neither sensor is working. This is my second diy ebike so I feel like I kinda know what I'm doing at this point. I have tried pedaling backwards checked all the wires to make sure they were plugged in properly it was brand new so there's no mudder debris and I've tried two different sensors with both of the same connectors and neither one worked so I'm now in the conclusion that possibly my controller was defective with the pas it actually kicked in randomly and almost did wheelie which was kind of strange. I don't have any meters to test or anything like that but now the bike isn't doing anything in pedal assist and I'd like to be able to use it any thoughts??? Also sorry for rambling lol
Some sensors are handed, so they only work on one side of the bike.

There is no standard for wiring, so you have to make sure that the wires match on each side of the connector.

The magnet disc needs to be assembled the correct way up to pass the sensor in the right direction.

The settings need to be correct in the LCD.

The magnets need to be a consistent 1mm from the sensor.

When you have these points correct, the PAS will work. Controllers can't have any faults that stop the PAS from working when the bike works with the throttle or walk assist.

Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Does the pedal assist sensor have a tiny led light on it ? If you switch on the display, set to level 0 assist and (may need to turn upside down or lift rear wheel) turn the pedals does the led light flash on and off as the sensor passes each magnet in the disc. It is very sensitive to the distance between the disc and the sensor

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Get a meter! See #24 in