How much to sell my ebike for?

PJ57

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Thinking of selling my selling my Scott E-Aspect 910 CX 5 Years old, good battery and low easy old man usage but not sure what it is worth? Any ideas out there :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Long ago I established a method that many members have followed. It separate the value of th battery from that of th bike, since the battery life is shorter than that of the bike. Here's the updated version:

Two year old e-bike: Half the current replacement cost of a battery is established to give half value left.

Three year old bike or older: The whole replacement cost is established to give zero value left.

The two statements above are arguable, but remember the buyer has no idea how well the battery has been treated. If your bike still has the original battery at five years old, it coulds fail at any time so has no value

For ages in between in each of the above cases, the price established should be pro-rata, and in cases where the battery has been replaced at some point, the same pro-rata rule can be used against it's age.

Then the start point of the e-bike's separate value is estabished by deducting the current new battery price from the original purchase price and then a depreciation percentage is deducted in the same manner as for other vehicles, the initial depreciation quite high as is usual:

I year old bike: 25%
2 year old bike: 35%
3 year old bike: 45%
4 year old bike: 55%
5 year old bike: 60%
6 year old bike: 65%
7 year old bike: 70%
8 year old bike: 75%
9 year old bike: 80%

Then to the discounted price of the bike only, any residual value of the battery as established above is added back to give the fair second hand price.

N.B. Currently new e-bikes are still in short supply, so you may be able to add 10% or so to the final value you establish. You should also add or subtract according to condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan464 and PJ57

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I would have thought 700-900, maybe a bit higher, but the problem is the battery.
Maybe repacking it will help increase the price to 1100 or maybe more, but its likely the battery is in poor condition, and the rest of the bike has well worn parts.

Reactions: Stan464 and PJ57