Hi hope your all well, I have an interest in setting up a new bike shop based in the midlands.

chunkytrade

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Hi hope your all well, I have an interest in setting up a new bike shop based in the midlands.

Looking for information and advice on entering the trade.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
ive always wanted to set up a bike shop
if your handy with bikes , bike building servicing etc the only thing that has stopped me is the stocking of the shop cost wise
Good luck if you decide to go ahead

chunkytrade

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Hi welcome
ive always wanted to set up a bike shop
if your handy with bikes , bike building servicing etc the only thing that has stopped me is the stocking of the shop cost wise
Good luck if you decide to go ahead
Thanks FatRat appreciate the psoitive welcome :)

Reactions: Fat Rat

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wonder if you have progressed this idea any further.
Just in case anyone find my personal experience useful, here is my tuppence.
I started Woosh after spending 30+ years sitting at various desks and after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Like many, I thought e-bikes were easy: buy the bikes, advertise. If the product is good and the price is right, people will just buy it.
It turns out that there is a lot more to it than initially thought. How to look after your customers? what spare parts should you keep in stock? The only notable progress is the original thought that e-bikes are easy has completely gone.
If I had to offer some advice, then that would be this: think carefully what you should buy - slow moving stock will destroy your success.

chunkytrade

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks Woosh for posting, your experience is valued.
It’s great to hear and like most things there is often much more to it than meets the eye . Personally I have not progressed as much as i wanted to , I started making contacts with Bafang in Europe and then I got cold feet thinking what are we going to do post brexit ? Should i be connected to Bafang Europe or Bafang China etc . I have done some research on the anti dumping and some suppliers in Taiwan . The market seems to have be growing exponentially so it’s hard to know where to start as it’s pretty swollen now. I bought a domain name ! I guess perhaps I shall try to buy some stock over the Autumn so I can be ready for some spring sales . I have a potential site for a showroom also although the costs of running a physical shop make me feel queasy ... I like the idea of servicing the diy market , but then the simplicity of selling while bikes appeals for simplicity . Any thoughts ?