Help with replacement display

SBH

Just Joined
Jul 23, 2024
Hi, I have a Forme Buxton ProE folding eBike, which has a Bafang H400B Rear Hub Motor, a King Meter E5227 LCD and integrated on/off power switch (wired directly into the back of
the display) and a Tianjin Santroll Controller (modelWZKD3615KA-F4, 36v 6A).

The King Meter E5227 LCD display has stopped working so I am looking for a replacement display, ideally a basic one that is similar to the existing one. If finding a compatible display alone is not an option, and I need to consider replacing the controller and the display any advice on suitable options would be appreciated.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi, I have a Forme Buxton ProE folding eBike, which has a Bafang H400B Rear Hub Motor, a King Meter E5227 LCD and integrated on/off power switch (wired directly into the back of
the display) and a Tianjin Santroll Controller (modelWZKD3615KA-F4, 36v 6A).

The King Meter E5227 LCD display has stopped working so I am looking for a replacement display, ideally a basic one that is similar to the existing one. If finding a compatible display alone is not an option, and I need to consider replacing the controller and the display any advice on suitable options would be appreciated.
What do you mean by "stopped working"? How did it happen?

SBH

Just Joined
Jul 23, 2024
A couple of times it took a number of presses of the power button for the display to turn on, then one day is simply stopped coming on at all. Luckily I have two bikes that match, so I have been able to confirm that it is the display that is faulty.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
A couple of times it took a number of presses of the power button for the display to turn on, then one day is simply stopped coming on at all. Luckily I have two bikes that match, so I have been able to confirm that it is the display that is faulty.
There are two identical looking versions that have different comms. One uses UART and the other CAN. It's never clear which version people are selling because they're normally sold for a specific bike as a spare part. You can tell which version you have by how many wires are connected to your battery. If it's two wires, you have UART, if it's more, you have CAN.

It would be cheaper and you'd get a better bike if you swapped out the LCD and controller for KT ones - as long as your battery has only two wires.

I think these are the manufacturers: