Help! Help with controller that has no phase output

h4x0rm1k3

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2024
Hi all, I got an ebike that's part of a conversion kit from a guy who builds them the other month, all's been great until recently when I went to change the triangle bag for a larger one. I took pics of all the connections etc and did the wiring 1 by 1 to be sure but when it was all connected back up it wouldn't work! It would power up fine but when I hit the throttle, nothing! I ended up testing a load of things and got nowhere so brought 1 of those ebike testers which showed everything was in working order apart from the phase wires coming from the controller itself output nothing and show nothing on the tester. Is there any way to fix what's damaged in the controller itself if the parts are cheap enough? I've ordered a new controller & screen already but wouldn't mind fixing and keeping the old 1 as a backup if possible so just want to know where to look, what to buy & replace if someone's experienced this issue before?
Thanks for reading.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Start by measuring the 5v on the throttle or oedal sensor connector. That'll tell you whether the controller is actually switched on.