Hello Impel-3

Tubbs

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2024
Hi
Been using electric bike 2 and half years now and well its started gong wrong. First thought it was motor so took to Halfords and had that changed. Apparently it was not that but they still changed it.
Now rear brake wont bleed right - or I am doing it wrong, also the controller got damp , left out in rain and now when trying to connect to update it turns off and wont turn on but leave it over night it does. Can the motor have not been updated by Halfords as I believe changes in components need to be reset if that's the word. Talking to technicians is difficult. They dont want to give solutions unless you pay being honest there are not may e-bike tecs put there its a young field really.
I will take this back to Halfords and wait like i did for the motor. But as I love this new found freedom I will get another E-Bike just so many and its more the reliability and customer support that Is difficult to choose.
What are Fiildo like I like the look of the C11 or C21/22 any tips? Volt looks ok but a bit bulky to lug up and down stairs.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi
Been using electric bike 2 and half years now and well its started gong wrong. First thought it was motor so took to Halfords and had that changed. Apparently it was not that but they still changed it.
Now rear brake wont bleed right - or I am doing it wrong, also the controller got damp , left out in rain and now when trying to connect to update it turns off and wont turn on but leave it over night it does. Can the motor have not been updated by Halfords as I believe changes in components need to be reset if that's the word. Talking to technicians is difficult. They dont want to give solutions unless you pay being honest there are not may e-bike tecs put there its a young field really.
I will take this back to Halfords and wait like i did for the motor. But as I love this new found freedom I will get another E-Bike just so many and its more the reliability and customer support that Is difficult to choose.
What are Fiildo like I like the look of the C11 or C21/22 any tips? Volt looks ok but a bit bulky to lug up and down stairs.
Have you got the app? There's some info about the Hyena system here:

Tubbs

May 10, 2024
Have you got the app? There's some info about the Hyena system here:
I do and it seems to be weird I am at the stage now do i risk spending more money or sell the parts i have to someone who know what they are doing. I know people have repaired or modified these things

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Southend is a long way from london but I may go down there and have a look
If good customer service you are after, then Woosh would be my first recommendation and Wisper close second.

It is painful to see how western cycling industry talk a lot about green planet while in fact they have completely different objectives. Western bikes look great, work great until they are not. Then you find out you are locked to expensive dealer for repairs and there are no spare parts. Yes you can buy a new battery... it looks the same, but there is a small difference in the socket or different communication protocol, so you can't really use it. Raleigh openly say on its web site - "your battery died out? Well... it is a time to buy a new bike".

Is conversion an option? You would get best value for money.

Tubbs

May 10, 2024
If good customer service you are after, then Woosh would be my first recommendation and Wisper close second.

It is painful to see how western cycling industry talk a lot about green planet while in fact they have completely different objectives. Western bikes look great, work great until they are not. Then you find out you are locked to expensive dealer for repairs and there are no spare parts. Yes you can buy a new battery... it looks the same, but there is a small difference in the socket or different communication protocol, so you can't really use it. Raleigh openly say on its web site - "your battery died out? Well... it is a time to buy a new bike".

Is conversion an option? You would get best value for money.
Am thinking of this route but checking motors etc Befang seems popular and parts available on amazon etc but could a Carrera Impel 3 be converted and what about the two good motors and Battery I have? And also what shops? Woosh does kits but do they fit? em I need to see. The bikes are good but the weights.
Being oldish I and my friend tend togo out on the trains and cycle back along the rivers and canals of London we have been doing this for nearly 4 years and got us out during Covid and kept us sain I was looking at FiidoC21 and C22 these look and feel....transportable if you know what I mean we can get them on the the Elizabeth line and out and about which is why I choose the impel3
Listen thanks for the chat there's only 2 of us in our group and well it keeps us whole if you get what I mean.
If you have any links to shops etc and ideas let me know if you can.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I know what you mean very well and understand urgency.

Fiido C11 looks nice. You might appreciate step through frame as it sounds like you are not getting any younger. I converted step through for my wife (in my avatar) and she really loves it.

Google around where you live and try to find places where they convert bikes. There is a good chance there is a bike mechanic nearby who can convert bike for a small fee. I can give you links to places with conversion kits if you decide to go that way. Ready made bikes are not my cup of tea to be honest with you. I am poor and don't lie spend more than I have to.

Best to talk to a mechanic and discuss options. You would gain total control over process... like ordering tailor made suit.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Am thinking of this route but checking motors etc Befang seems popular and parts available on amazon etc but could a Carrera Impel 3 be converted and what about the two good motors and Battery I have? And also what shops? Woosh does kits but do they fit? em I need to see. The bikes are good but the weights.
Being oldish I and my friend tend togo out on the trains and cycle back along the rivers and canals of London we have been doing this for nearly 4 years and got us out during Covid and kept us sain I was looking at FiidoC21 and C22 these look and feel....transportable if you know what I mean we can get them on the the Elizabeth line and out and about which is why I choose the impel3
Listen thanks for the chat there's only 2 of us in our group and well it keeps us whole if you get what I mean.
If you have any links to shops etc and ideas let me know if you can.
If you want to fix your own bike, you shouldn't get one with unusual of closed systems. Stick with standard Chinese parts. The cheaper the bike, the more likely it is to meet that requirement.

If your motor has the standard 9-pin connector, there's nothing stopping you from chucking the other electrics and installing standard Chinese ones. A downtube battery, controller, LCD, pedal sensor, speed sensor and throttle would be less than £300.

It might be possible to use your battery, but I don't know whether it's dumb or has comms.