Hello from Warwick

paddyo1963

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2024
Hi My Name is Patrick,I have always had a bike but for work I need an Ebike as I do 3.5 miles each way to work on me bike and it's a bit hilly ,then walk and average 10mile a day so I'm as green as it comes to ebikes .I have been reading so much regarding ebikes . so I do not want to spend a fortune but would like something with decent parts on that will not go Pete tong after a year or so .thankyou for letting me join

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Hi My Name is Patrick,I have always had a bike but for work I need an Ebike as I do 3.5 miles each way to work on me bike and it's a bit hilly ,then walk and average 10mile a day so I'm as green as it comes to ebikes .I have been reading so much regarding ebikes . so I do not want to spend a fortune but would like something with decent parts on that will not go Pete tong after a year or so .thankyou for letting me join
Glad you joined. You will get good advice here.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

This one has smaller battery (around 25 miles), but has a rack.

This one is 48v, so has a lot more power for climbing hills if you're heavy or weak:

paddyo1963

Jul 6, 2024

This one has smaller battery (around 25 miles), but has a rack.

This one is 48v, so has a lot more power for climbing hills if you're heavy or weak:
Thank you for the links will check them out

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023

Any replies are pointless unless you state how much you can spend and what you will use it for

paddyo1963

Jul 6, 2024
£1000 ISH .il use it for work and getting around locally. I do take me bike away in the UK for holidays

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Your commuting requirement is so short anything will do. If you have secure storage at work, then maybe let other likely uses determine what you buy. If you don't then cheap and cheerful so the other bikes get pinched first!