Hello everybody

Thakery

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2014
I have just ordered a Kalkoff Tasman and just wondering if I've done the right thing!

I am 63 and have cycled, swam and run for many years but I was diagnosed with ME/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about 2 years ago. Now I am picking myself up and trying to get some moderate exercise as I had to stop. The problem is I live at the top of a hill, so when ever I go out I struggle to get back which means I over do it. The result is I don't go.So with the help of a pedelec I'm hoping to get back into the swing of it.

I didn't realise the pedelec was so popular, but from what I've read I can see why, and this community has helped me already. So thanks for that.
All the best
David (thakery)

Reactions: rippedupno1

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good bike, it should be ideal David. The Impulse power unit and bike's gears will provide most of the ability you need to get up that hill, but ask you for a contribution which will build up your fitness.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I've never tried a Kalkhoff but looking at it, I reckon you'll get up the hill. Look on the bright side, you've ordered it and it's coming. You'll soon find out.

Now, just tell us, you don't live up the South face of the Eiger do you? ;)

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Hi David,

As a fellow sufferer of 8 years I can tell you that it will transform your life. They really should be available on prescription.

That looks a nice bike too. I'd suggest fitting a chain tensioner if you find you need to adjust the chain a lot.

So yes, you've done the right thing :)

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
That's a new bike to the Kalkhoff range that 50Cycles sell but with the familiar Impulse motor (now in version 2). Which Tasman is it, the green one? I like the look of the Classic.

Thakery

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2014
Hi all again,
I'm not sure yet if the norm is to reply to individual posts or en bloc so I'll do the latter for now.

Thanks for your replies and support, and Artstu, your comments are most comforting.

The model is a Tasman City 8G with a crossbar. I'm getting it from 50Cycles, there were others that I would have liked but I've got to cap the price somewhere. Like Henry Ford, you can have any colour as long as it's black but I'm happy with that.

It should be delivered tomorrow so I hope to use it this weekend, watch this space.
David (thakery)

image.jpg

Reactions: Artstu