Hello...... again

M0RFU

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Stockport
I actually joined this site back in 2017 as I was really interested in getting an electric bike, but a new baby delayed that and then 2020 happened.

I have been commuting on one of my many manual bikes for the last 4 years, currently, the commute is about 14KM each way. Whilst I still enjoy the exercise some days I need to be able to ride sweat-free or just get home without tiring myself out so I decided to look around for a kit and donor bike to convert.

However I found a Carrera Subway E 2.0 for £250 on Facebook, it had only done 120 miles and was basically new. I went and looked and it all checked out so I am now the proud owner of it.

I have put about 200KM on it so far, meeting all expectations. Whilst top speed tends to be slower than on my acoustics my average speed is much higher.

Glad to be in the fold.

IMG_20240817_105311.jpg

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I actually joined this site back in 2017 as I was really interested in getting an electric bike, but a new baby delayed that and then 2020 happened.

I have been commuting on one of my many manual bikes for the last 4 years, currently, the commute is about 14KM each way. Whilst I still enjoy the exercise some days I need to be able to ride sweat-free or just get home without tiring myself out so I decided to look around for a kit and donor bike to convert.

However I found a Carrera Subway E 2.0 for £250 on Facebook, it had only done 120 miles and was basically new. I went and looked and it all checked out so I am now the proud owner of it.

I have put about 200KM on it so far, meeting all expectations. Whilst top speed tends to be slower than on my acoustics my average speed is much higher.

Glad to be in the fold.

View attachment 59473
That doesn't have the horrible chainwheel torque sensor, so should give much better service than the earlier ones.

Reactions: M0RFU