Gtech eBike - Pedal assist cutoff - circuitry/wiring help

Bjn201

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2019
Hi

I am looking to remove the pedal assist cutoff sensor/part. I want the motor to give me output as long as I pedal without cutting out. Below is the circuitry. which item do I need to remove?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can't remove the sensor/ PAS and still expect power assist when pedalling, that is why EAPC's have pedal assist.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi

I am looking to remove the pedal assist cutoff sensor/part. I want the motor to give me output as long as I pedal without cutting out. Below is the circuitry. which item do I need to remove?

View attachment 58824
There is no cut-out sensor. The cut-out is in the controller's software. You'd have to remove the CPU, then nothing would work.

That thick white wire with the connector on it it is the programming interface. If you had the Gtech pc software, you could re-program it. Maybe if you go to a pub in Warndon, there's a small chance you could meet a GTech employee, then buy them a load of drinks and they might give you a copy of the software. They don't sell ebikes anymore, so there's also a fair chance that they don't have it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
15.5mph/25kmh is the EU and UK legal assist cut off, some bikes one can go a bit more but not all bike displays allow adjustment as the speed is preset in the programming.

P.s Don't let the forum plonker see this post otherwise he will want you banned.