"Gouach Infinite Battery, The Only E-Bike Battery You'll Ever Need"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"The Only E-Bike Battery You'll Ever Need

The Infinite Battery by Gouach is the ultimate solution for your e-bike needs. Replace cells quickly and safely, reduce waste, and enjoy seamless compatibility with 90% of bikes."

Reactions: Ghost1951

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Certainly shows promise.. even tho it has an app :( its NOT App Dependent (so far)
the $1 buy in to get the deal is as fishy as a fish.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Fireproof? I don't believe it, but it is interesting concept. Worth to keep an eye on.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The above link https://get.gouach.com/ takes you to an ad page for the promo but the 'reserve an invite' links which suggest access to the kickstarter offer takes you to a $1 via CC to secure your offer place page which raised my eyebrows..
That looks pretty fair. Pay $1 to reserve a 25% discount when the battery is available. Normally on Kickstarter, you'd have to pledge the $330.

If they had a UK warehouse abd a 48v version, I would pay the $1, but $330 plus shipping plus VAT and handling charges is a bit too expensive for an 11.6Ah 36v battery. It'll be not so bad if it's compatible with Bosch mk 1, Yamaha, etc. The connector shows extra wires, presumably for comms.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I didn't pay the dollar for access to the kickstarter or a reserved offer place if/when it opens? but the ad page suggests both 36 and 48v versions will be (are?) available..

The $330 price tag would relate to the 36v and 48 would be higher but my reading of the ad suggests the offer is not limited to the 36v option..

Perhaps because i poured over the ad details so long the $1 surprise irked me so?

And if demand for the offer was so high? wouldn't the dollar tickets have sold out instantly? So i fail to see the benefit of supplying payment details to a 4th party..

I will save my dollar and take my chances when reviewing the real kickstarter offer if/when it transpires.. (not that i have even looked at kickstarter itself..)
Tho i have to say this dollar malarky makes me view the whole venture with a more sceptical gaze.

A much simpler and less suspicious move would have been to just collect email addys for announcing and counting down to the kickstarter launch imho, both easier and cheaper to implement too.. (as well as providing a more generous/positive metric for pre interest if required, as its less likely to scare old grumpy sceptics like me off.. )

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
The product is (as far as I can see) a housing similar but tidier to the 'Vruzend' kit in that it relies on pressure to make the connection to the individual cells. I would not be sure how well or reliable it works. It probably needs to be fireproof! (imo)

Last edited:

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
I've had a few emails back and forth with the owners. They run these batteries is a similar, albeit less smart form in two hire fleets. He also tells me they've reverse engineered bosch, brose and other protocols.

Now that I'm very skeptical of. Even if they did, surely the next update from bosch or brose will stop it working. And that's an arms race they cannot win id have thought. Plus the myriad of different versions on bikes in the wild.

Still these days I have an older bosch bike (moustache dual suss ) and my bbs02 conversion (to go south downs riding with my eldest now he is 14). If bosch doesn't work the bafang surely will.

So I've paid my quid and will see what happens. I prob will just buy the casing and use different cells .

Will report back as and when anything happens

AngeG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2024
This could be tricky if Bosch updates conflict. But everything is OK now, right?
I've had a few emails back and forth with the owners. They run these batteries is a similar, albeit less smart form in two hire fleets. He also tells me they've reverse engineered bosch, brose and other protocols.

Now that I'm very skeptical of. Even if they did, surely the next update from bosch or brose will stop it working. And that's an arms race they cannot win id have thought. Plus the myriad of different versions on bikes in the wild.

Still these days I have an older bosch bike (moustache dual suss ) and my bbs02 conversion (to go south downs riding with my eldest now he is 14). If bosch doesn't work the bafang surely will.

So I've paid my quid and will see what happens. I prob will just buy the casing and use different cells .

Will report back as and when anything happens here
This could be tricky if Bosch updates conflict. But everything is OK now, right?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The product is (as far as I can see) a housing similar but tidier to the 'Vruzend' kit in that it relies on pressure to make the connection to the individual cells. I would not be sure how well or reliable it works. It probably needs to be fireproof! (imo)
I read somwhere little balls of tin act as springs. That cell holder must be a very inflexible being able to hold the cells so tightly, with holder halves clamped together with so few bolts near the middle, I'm curious to discover how user dudes get on.

Blimey :oops: Really? That's great news for Boschists! Could they avoid nullifying firmware updates? A baseless Bosch shaped sueball must surely be on it's way, to gum up the works.

Will report back as and when anything happens
I look forward to reading about this. Which cells will you use and why?

Last edited:

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Hiya,

Here the exact wording of their email to me

"Hello Spanos,
thanks for your message and for giving us a chance.
It will definitely work with bafang.
For Bosch we've managed to reverse engineer the protocols but they have so many updates that i cannot promise for all versions.
Cheers"

So make of it what you will!

And I'd prob go molicel 35 or lg mj1. Both 3500 mah and 10a. Ive used the mj1 for years. Prob just get the cheapest at thr time !