Going on Holiday

Victor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 12, 2011
My wife and I are of to France in July for two weeks holiday cycling along a wee part of the 800km Loire cycle route.

Travelling down to Dover by car with our two Gepida 900 and 1000 bikes on a Thule 916 electric bike carrier, and have a one night stop over in Canterbury.

Question is, what bike friendly hotels/b&b are available where you can keep the bike in a locked secure stable, this could be a good selling point for these type of establishments that would offer this service.

Victor

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
My wife and I are of to France in July for two weeks holiday cycling along a wee part of the 800km Loire cycle route.

Travelling down to Dover by car with our two Gepida 900 and 1000 bikes on a Thule 916 electric bike carrier, and have a one night stop over in Canterbury.

Question is, what bike friendly hotels/b&b are available where you can keep the bike in a locked secure stable, this could be a good selling point for these type of establishments that would offer this service.

Victor
Hi Victor,

I know quite a few Campanile and Ibis hotels have locked carparks at night but I dont know of any B&B's with specific bike lock ups sorry.

If you got a Campanile groundfloor room which all have access from outside, then you could take the bikes in your room with you.

People like campanile cos they allow dogs free of charge and no having to go thru hotel lobbies.
( I once got my 2 pomeranians mated in the Campanile at Hendaye !! en route for spain :D )
Mind you....on re reading your post maybe you are just looking at canterbury, in which case just ignore me and enjoy your holiday :)

Victor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for your reply funkylyn. Good point about Campanile and Ibis as on our return trip we are booked in to an Ibis near Calais so will try and get a ground floor room.

Victor