soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
big fkn tyre as well :rolleyes:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I must be reading a different script, because the OP doesn't know - or at least doesn't say - what bike it actually is or what it's fitted with. The way I read it is that it's others speculating it's 1000w. Did I miss something?

All the OP says is "it's Chinese", he bought it off Alibaba, and when asked directly (twice) what bike it is, he thinks the bike is a "Yolin YL90T-H"... which it isn't/can't be. Yolin make displays not bikes. You buy an e-bike and can't remember what brand it is? Seriously? He rode it on Asphalt and was doing about 10mph when it snapped and he face-planted.

Having had a quick look on Alibaba, I can't find any e-bike with a fat wheel front drive like that. I can't believe any bike maker would be so stupid to put a high-powered motor in a fat wheel on an alloy suspension fork. Something seems very hooky about that story.

Reactions: Bikes4two

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I must be reading a different script, because the OP doesn't know - or at least doesn't say - what bike it actually is or what it's fitted with. The way I read it is that it's others speculating it's 1000w. Did I miss something?
Dratted Reddit comments are all hidden away until you expand them - the OP "Gravy-train-" stated it's his first ebike, has 1000W motors on both wheels, front and rear. All that clicking to expand provides their website with stats, but it sure is annoying.

Last edited:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Can you find it - or anything like it - on Alibaba?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I seem to be terrible at searching for things on Chinese websites. Might there be a link to this monster, hidden away, waiting to be unearthed by a frantic and lengthy Reddit clicking session?

Probably not these?

Loads more:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclebuddy

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Thanks both... I see it now. Those examples @guerney linked are crazy stupid. 17.5Ah battery powering two 1000w motors (although those branded GoGoBest GF750?), sus fork no arm/s, and a twig for a frame. What is it that attracts people to buy such junk?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It doesn't need to be a 1000w rated hub to cause forks D/O's to snap , any good 250/350w hub will do the same . I tried a BPM in a set of rockshoks and they both snapped at about the 1k useage mark, torque arms saved the motor from coming out.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think he does. You have to read all the comments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
A bit like the E-mate Turbo @saneagle had an accident riding, only his was tri-motored:

Some time later when I finally dismantled it, both drop-outs were broken, but the torque arms held the motor OK.

5,500W That one. Soundwave should be worshiping me.

Reactions: guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have one of those on my present bike, but it has a problems. Every time I pedal, the back wheel spins out and tries to overtake the front one. Also, my Marathon Plus tyres wear out in half a day, which is not only quite expensive, but if I go for a long ride, I can't get home, and that motor is very heavy when you have to push the bike with the wheel off the ground.