Fitting a Trailer

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I want to tow a trailer with my wisper but having a rear drive my axle is thicker than a standard bike axle. Does anyone know if there is enough 'meat' on the standard axle attachment bracket to open the hole out to 12mm or do I need to make a new bracket or use an alternative clamping arangement?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I have a Trail Buggy from Halfords, for the grandaughter, which has a rear-axle fitting which I wouldn't recmmend drilling out, as it's quite thin guage metal:

The newer models have a different type of fixing, so not sure about them:

I also have an Avenir Mule cargo trailer, which has a clamp for the l/h chain stay: This has detatched from the bike under load & I wouldn't recommend it without a couple of cable ties.

I'm looking for an alternative hitch for this one & may well end up making something.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Thanks for that - I've got 3 bikes & 2 trailers (both of which have different hitches) :rolleyes:

This should morph into chainstay fitting quite nicely.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Hellfire. And other characters.
Hi Scimitar,

Due to your love of all things Chinese I've posted this one just for you.

The Bamboo bicycle trailer

I seem to remember a long time ago the Americans spent millions developing a pen capable of writing when upside down for use in space travel. The Russians were reputed to have used pencils.

Most of use are more than happy when we have some lead in our pencils. :p