Fiido

Tubbs

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2024
Been looking at this make Fiido any one had experience with his make?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Yes... One of my e-bikes is a Fiido D11 which I've owned from new since mid 2021. It's been good/reliable.

Which model(s) are you looking at and for what purpose?

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
Had a fiido d4 for 3 years never missed a beat, back spokes needed replacing after a year but im a heavy rider then id have shopping stressing the back too.
I bloody loved that bike, I sold it a few months ago simply as i was getting another bike and the mrs would of killed me for storing 3 bikes indooors.
My brother got a fiido too his has been trouble free too 4 years and counting.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Fiido X is praised for its sleek design, smooth torque sensor support, and built-in battery. It is a folding electric bike, very convenient for commuting in the city and storage. The Fiido X has a sturdy magnesium alloy frame and offers a comfortable ride https://www.zdnet.com/article/fiido-x-electric-bike-review/ house of hazards
Listed as IP54 dust- and water-resistant.
Not sure how that measures up to other Ebikes, but the UK is kind of known for being a bit on the damp side
IP54 rates as "Should not be exposed to rain"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
‘The big problem is water’: UK ebike owners plagued by failing motors

Repair business is booming as owners complain of their units needing to be replaced up to five times

"Some mountain bike owners with fourth-generation Bosch electric motors describe how they had four or five – yes five – replacement motors fitted during the two-year warranty period. Owners of other brands say theirs have only lasted 800 to 1,000 miles."