Feedback sought for Pedelecs site update

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi everyone,

We are going to invest in a new front-end for the Pedelecs site. It will be a significant update and before we meet up with the designers we would like to gain feedback from the community on what they like/dislike about the current layout and what features they would like to see. It's just one question with a free text answer box.

If you'd like to take part in the survey :

Pedelecs update survey

(Please note this is for the main site only at this time)

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Could we have a seperate section for batteries?

A large section of questions are related to this subject but seem to get lumped in with everything else.

Steve

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Russ, perhaps if you posted what you think is wrong with the current one we could come up with some ideas...

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Russ, perhaps if you posted what you think is wrong with the current one we could come up with some ideas...
Hi NRG,

There are three main things we are looking to do.

1) Break away from relying on vBulletin for the whole site given the recent hacks. We may carry on using it for the forum or we may look at switching to another product such as XenForo.

2) The main site (news, guides, directories, blogs etc) will be given a complete revamp. We want it be much more professional looking and it will be aimed more at the those looking to purchase an electric bike.

3) Bringing the knowledge together into a technical area/wiki on a per bike/kit basis.

We hope to get cracking on this in the next couple of weeks.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Russ....evertime I do a posting I have to save the text,login again,reload the posting and then send...I know I am very slow at typing would it be possible to give more time to complete the posting,before I timeout.
thanks
Dave

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I don't really see the point of the blogs. Much of what is posted would be better off on the main forum.

C

Cyclezee

Russ....thanks for extending the timeout allowed on the postings...the 30 mins makes all the difference...Dave Kudoscycles
30 minutes Dave:eek:

Maybe you should try to keep your posts short and sweet:p

Seriously though, I didn't realise there was a timeout period, but I have experienced this elsewhere, you are just about to complete writing War And Peace II when you get distracted, when you come back the whole thing is gone:mad:

The way round that was to write a Word or text doc, then simply copy and paste.

Now we have the auto-save facility, that is no longer necessary:D

Dreamer

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2012
Bonny Scotland
Is it possible to add a simple draw board feature for drawing simple diagrams?

Currently in a post trying to help a user fault find his bike. I know diagrams can be done by external programs and added as a pic but i recon more peeps would spend time drawing out simple diagrams if it was built into the forum posting thingy :)

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/11223-electric-bike-stopped-working-help-7.html

As i said i dont know if it is possible, just a suggestion that could aid in certain situations.